“Pet friendly - nicely done hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“Pet friendly - nicely done hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel lay out of the one bedroom suite was excellent for my wife and I, as well as our dog. The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a nice pet walking area and outdoor pool. The free breakfast and in room fireplace are also nice touches. Pet fee is $100 which is a bit high, but all things considered, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Fred D,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a response on TripAdvisor.
Hurry back!

Front Office manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a lovely property which could easily be improved. Check-in was brisk and the room was very spacious. Windows opened into a stand of trees offering fragrant breezes. Great first impression. Was very interested in the fitness room and indoor pool. The pool manager proved to be someone really special and we had a wonderful conversation as I was the only pool user for my hour there. He had just thoroughly cleaned the pool and continued watering the plants and doing daily upkeep.

A shuttle to area attractions would be appreciated. Only the shopping mall is close. The room
wi-fi is a large upcharge. That is seriously silly. So I reluctantly went to the little lobby area where
access is free and could never get connected. Another negative is maid knocking early and being given the ' I'll be out in 5' message with hand signals and door handle prompts. They make a terrific early noise in the hallway, but didn't clean the room two days running when I left for hours right after the knock. Disappointing to return for a shower to an untended room and bath. But they returned in mid-afternoon with walkie-talkies blaring to resume, nixing the chance of a shower and nap. Mixed review, fixable problems. Apply the Golden Rule, management, and you will hit the mark.

Access

Room Tip: Several floors up gets you away from parking lot and conventioneer noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear eileen645,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center and giving us some feedback with regards to your stay. First, please accept our sincere apology for any shortcomings you experience and be assured that they have been addressed.
The Golden Rule have been applied and thank you.

Front Office manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We always make a point of stopping here, with everything we need for a stop on our way to or back from Florida. Most of the time Xavier Lafayette Fox greets us at the door ready and waiting. One of the few remaining gratis pooch friendly hotels and we have high hopes it remains this way, willing to pay for this comfort by patronizing the restaurants.

One of the best Sheratons in the chain.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Joedsal,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center. It's always nice to read good comments about our hotel,team.and you taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor.
Once again, we thank you and are looking forward to seeing you on next stopover in Roanoke.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great location right near the airport. Interesting sitting at the Shula's bar and hearing waitstaff complain about the chef's inability to properly cook a steak. Food was middle of the road and I avoided the steak! Rooms are typical Sheraton. Price is right. One hour drive to Lynchburg if your looking for an SPG property in this part of the world.

Dear Bookinit.

We thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference and certianly apologize for the conversation that you had were exposed to by one or some of our waitstaff. Our Chef's are well trained to ensure that the foods are cook properly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us ,

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights to attend a graduation at VT. We had 4 rooms. The check in was easy. They had all our room cards ready for us. It might have been because we were platinum. We were all on the preferred levels. The rooms were all in different configurations but worked for all us. The rooms were very clean. The only thing loud was when the AC was running. It was just too loud to sleep with at night. The club lounge was supposed to be open for Friday breakfast because they were fully booked but the cook must have forgotten to make the food. There was only fruit ready but no other foods. All us of received vouchers for breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. The second day, the lounge was all ready for breakfast. The only thing different was no omelet station. It didn't matter at all. The espresso machine make some great espressos. =) The lounge refrigerator was fully stocked with water, juice and soda. The two ice machines were on the 1st floor. The indoor and outdoor pool looked great. Too bad we didn't have time to spend time in them. It was a good hotel for our purpose. We just needed a clean place to rest and we did.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear WelOve2vacatiOn,

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. It's nice to read good comments about our hotel and to know that you had enjoyable stay.
We truly appreciate you staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conferece Center,hurry back.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had the displeasure of spending 30 hrs at this hotel. Since there really is nothing around the hotel to do, the hotel offered to take me to the movie theaters and to pick me up once the movie ended. So far, so good. After the movie ended, I tried to call the hotel. It took 8 times before someone actually picked up the phone. How can a hotel operate if they don't answer the phone? Once I got to talk to a live person, I was told I would be picked up in 15 minutes. 2 phone calls and 1 hour ten minutes later, I was finally picked up. Why was I told 15 minutes? I don't expect any special treatment, had they told me it would have been an hour before they could pick me up, no problem, I could of went across the street to get something to eat. Instead, they had me wait outside in the heat and humidity for over an hour before pick up. Don't fall for the trap, stay on the property if you do not have other transportation.

Dear DB C,

First, please allow me apologize for issue you experience with having to call several times and having wait for the shuttle pick up.Certianly this is not the norm and have been addressed.
Once again, our sincere apology,

Colonial Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed last weekend, and I arrived fairly late on a Friday evening. The place was packed, and it was difficult to find a parking spot. When I got inside the check in process was not very smooth. One vary harried front desk person was answering phones (and obviously trying to solve problems), and the other was checking people in (and solving problems). There was a very large convention at the hotel at the time so it appeared that after their presentation ended they realized some of their accommodations were not to their liking. After waiting a while I was checked in quickly, and when I inquired about my Starwood Points the clerk was quick to gather my information. I could tell he was trying hard to make up for my long wait. Since it was 9:45 by the time I got up to my room I ordered room service. The food was great, and so was the service. The room was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. We are sorry to read that you had difficult finding a parking spot and check in process was not as smooth, however we are also pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again.