“Not bad.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Virginia
“Not bad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights to attend a graduation at VT. We had 4 rooms. The check in was easy. They had all our room cards ready for us. It might have been because we were platinum. We were all on the preferred levels. The rooms were all in different configurations but worked for all us. The rooms were very clean. The only thing loud was when the AC was running. It was just too loud to sleep with at night. The club lounge was supposed to be open for Friday breakfast because they were fully booked but the cook must have forgotten to make the food. There was only fruit ready but no other foods. All us of received vouchers for breakfast downstairs at the restaurant. The second day, the lounge was all ready for breakfast. The only thing different was no omelet station. It didn't matter at all. The espresso machine make some great espressos. =) The lounge refrigerator was fully stocked with water, juice and soda. The two ice machines were on the 1st floor. The indoor and outdoor pool looked great. Too bad we didn't have time to spend time in them. It was a good hotel for our purpose. We just needed a clean place to rest and we did.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear WelOve2vacatiOn,

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. It's nice to read good comments about our hotel and to know that you had enjoyable stay.
We truly appreciate you staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conferece Center,hurry back.

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had the displeasure of spending 30 hrs at this hotel. Since there really is nothing around the hotel to do, the hotel offered to take me to the movie theaters and to pick me up once the movie ended. So far, so good. After the movie ended, I tried to call the hotel. It took 8 times before someone actually picked up the phone. How can a hotel operate if they don't answer the phone? Once I got to talk to a live person, I was told I would be picked up in 15 minutes. 2 phone calls and 1 hour ten minutes later, I was finally picked up. Why was I told 15 minutes? I don't expect any special treatment, had they told me it would have been an hour before they could pick me up, no problem, I could of went across the street to get something to eat. Instead, they had me wait outside in the heat and humidity for over an hour before pick up. Don't fall for the trap, stay on the property if you do not have other transportation.

Dear DB C,

First, please allow me apologize for issue you experience with having to call several times and having wait for the shuttle pick up.Certianly this is not the norm and have been addressed.
Once again, our sincere apology,

Colonial Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed last weekend, and I arrived fairly late on a Friday evening. The place was packed, and it was difficult to find a parking spot. When I got inside the check in process was not very smooth. One vary harried front desk person was answering phones (and obviously trying to solve problems), and the other was checking people in (and solving problems). There was a very large convention at the hotel at the time so it appeared that after their presentation ended they realized some of their accommodations were not to their liking. After waiting a while I was checked in quickly, and when I inquired about my Starwood Points the clerk was quick to gather my information. I could tell he was trying hard to make up for my long wait. Since it was 9:45 by the time I got up to my room I ordered room service. The food was great, and so was the service. The room was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. We are sorry to read that you had difficult finding a parking spot and check in process was not as smooth, however we are also pleased to read that your overall stay was enjoyable and we hope to see you again.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend. There was a prom going on at the hotel, but because of great design you could barely noticed except for the packed parking lot.

The rooms are first class like any expected Sheraton Hotel.

Our only complaint is that our AC unit was ridiculously loud and led us to just turn off the AC and have an uncomfortably warm room. If we were staying in the room for a longer period of time, I am sure we would have had to have some kind of correction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear jjcopeland,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center and taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor. It's nice to read good comments regarding your stay and apologize that the AC unit in your room was loud. Please know that we welcome feedback. Thank you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Roanoke for a night. The staff was very helpful and nice. We ordered breakfast which was delicious but the woman from room service was such a sweetheart. For dinner we went to Shula's and had a succulent meal and some drinks. The wait staff was over the top friendly and their knowledge of the menu was very good. I'd definitely stay again if in the area

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kevin M,

First, we want to thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton and taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to us and we thank you.

Hurry back!

Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton Roanoke last week for a trade show. The company that was having the trade show had a party that evening so it made sense to stay there, thus eliminating having to drive back and forth. This is especially valuable after having a few cocktails, what with the DWI crack downs today. So I paid a few more dollars than I would have liked but found it to be a good spend.

Overall this hotel is pretty nice, although it could benefit from a facelift in some areas especially the lobby. Décor is a bit dated and tired, although this is quibbling. The room was very nice, smelled great, and the wooden floor is a nice touch in the entry way. Bathroom is spacious. The pillows and mattress are extremely comfortable. We had a fridge in our room which is also nice in case you need to keep any leftovers from dinner or other things you've brought with you.

We ate dinner at Shula's 347, the restaurant in the hotel. My wife had a beef tenderloin salad and I had the French Onion Cheeseburger. Both were excellent. They also have a pretty extensive wine list. We tried a malbec from Australia which they offer by the glass, and it was very tasty. I also have to say that the prices are very reasonable for a restaurant like Shula's. Each of our meals was only around $12. Of course the steaks are much more expensive.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall no complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rick W,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton and taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor regarding your stay. It's nice to read good comments about our hotel and to know that you had enjoyable stay.

Hurry back !

Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Booked a club room, room very nice, supposed to have free wi-fi in room, unable to be connected to wi-fi at all in room during our stay. Food in club lounge very average. Not ideal if you wish to be central, a few miles out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear YvonneManchester,

Thank you for staying with us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference and taking the time to respond onTripAdvisor. We do apologize that you were unable to connect to wi-fi and yes it is free. We would certianly welcome the opportunity of having you staying with us again.

Front Office manger

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!