“FABULOUS PLACE TO STAY AND EAT” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Martinsville, Va.
“FABULOUS PLACE TO STAY AND EAT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

A member of my staff and I stayed there overnight during a business trip. Typically, I don't get excited when I stay in a hotel, although I have stayed in many nice places. However, this one was different. The room was very spacious, the king bed was soooooo comfortable, it was very clean. The indoor pool, spa and the exercise room were terrific. The staff were professional and very accommodating. The restaurant, "Shula's" was wonderful and moderately priced for the quality food that was served. I love having the small refrigerator as well. Granite counter tops in the bathroom...and very clean. It was nicely decorated. I will plan to stay in this hotel whenever I am in Roanoke, VA overnight again and will seek a Sheraton in other places as a result of this stay.

Room Tip: I always prefer the ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott W, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear 1Southwind1

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center..Out team strive to make it a wonderful experience for all of our guests. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay here in the Roanoke Valley and look forward to serving you again. Thank you,

Scott Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Power has been out at our house for several days due to snow so booked this on Hotwire for $62. They rehabbed this hotel several years ago and it is very up to date, modern and clean. The rooms are huge and bed and bedding very comfortable. They also have a Shula's steak house on the property. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2013
Thanks for your great compliments about our hotel. We very proud of our new Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center. We strive to make all of our stays exceptional and are very pleased that you took the time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor. Hurry back,

Harrisonburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was there for a two day business conference. It’s a great place – great rooms, great staff (especially Xavier Lafayette Fox), great restaurant (oddly enough, I’ll go out of my way to recommend the burgers –they grind their own meat). The only peculiar down side was that they charge ten buck a day for internet. I thought this was a really cheap shot for a four star hotel – I mean even EconoLodge has free internet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I was very pleased to read your overall stay was great and also let you know that odd twist you mentioned is being addressed.
Thank you once again and we look forward to serving you on your next trip here in the Roanoke Valley.

Queensbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I loved everything about the hotel. The breakfast was very good, the rooms were cmfortable, everything was great! I thought the lobby was nice, UNTIL, I see the elevators. One of them is 7 feet above the other, which is the normal height. We had to make sure we got the normal one because if we got off on the one above, we would have to go back up. My father uses a wheelchair. The other building has 2 normal elevators. But the first building, I would highly discourage.

Room Tip: Rooms in the left building don't have screwy elevator systems.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time comment corncering your stay with us and please accept our apologies for any inconveniece you experience with the one high rise elevator.Your feedback have been addressed with our guest service staff to ensure that all of our guests are advised of the elevator functions in tower "B"
Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and certianly hope that you would allow us the opportunity to serving you on your next trip to the Roanoke Valley. Thank you,

Amherst, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Nice hotel, convenient, quiet and clean. Shula's 347 Restaurant is a huge asset. Staff was very accomodating. I had forgotten some toiletries and went to front desk to purchse what I needed. They were delivered to my room within minutes. However, the sweet bed was not so sweet but rather uncomfortable, making it difficult to sleep. Free internet access is only available in certain areas. With internet service being an important part of our everyday lives, I am surprised that more hotels are not making it more available to guests. The charge for having access in the room,. in my opionion, for the short time we were staying was a little much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center. We certianly welcome your feedback and take it very seriuosly. You can rest assure that any issue (s) that is brought to our attention is addressed.immediately. Thank you for staying with us and we look to serving you again when your travel bring you back to the Roanoke Valley.

NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

nice lobby, large well configured rooms, really nice pool area, connected to the Shula's restaurant. A nice place to spend the night or even a few days. We were traveling on vacation, and there were no conferences going on, and I imagine when things fill up things may be different, but it was a good quiet hotel

Room Tip: there are two towers, the one closest to the lobby are easier to get to and the elevator drops you r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Scott W, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay wih us here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference. We are looking forward to providing you with the same experience on your return stay here at the Sheraton.
Once again, thank you for staying with us.

Thomas Wood
Front Office Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Everyone at this hotel was awesome. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The diner at Shulas was absolutely fantastic. The bartender was super. The doorman was very helpful and friendly. A gorgeous hotel and enjoyable stay. We are coming back through and plan to stay again in a few days.

• Stayed December 2012
Bob D, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for a great review! We hope to see you back soon....

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!