“Thank you from a distressed traveler” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 Hershberger Road, Roanoke, VA 24017   |
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
hillsdale, nj usa
“Thank you from a distressed traveler”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night when my flight out of Roanoke Airport got cancelled. If this ever happens to you, just dial 12 from the airport house phone. The shuttle picked me up in 10 minutes and the hotel gave me their reduced "distressed traveler" rate. I was happy to see very modern and lush accommodations including a nice bar and restaurant, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, lovely grounds, excellent fitness room, room service, and an incredibly helpful staff. The bed was comfortable and the shuttle returned me to the airport the next day immediately upon request. I would certainly stay there again, whether stranded at the airport or under happier circumstances.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 28, 2011
Thank you for your kind response regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. Even though you were here due to a canceled flight, I was pleased to hear we made the stay an enjoyable one. Hopefully on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will not be a "distressed traveler". Thank you again for the nice comments.
Greg Hargrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Had a real nice stay at the Roanoke Sheraton. Rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. Had a quick lunch at the restaurant that's connected to the hotel, Shulas. The staff there was also a pleasure. Had a real nice conversation with Dilan and the manager, "Z". He printed me out directions to four places to go downtown while I was here. Thanks for making it a pleasant stay while visiting Roanoke. I will recommend the Sheraton to my other colleagues.

• Stayed August 2011
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Thank you for your response to TripAdvisor. It's always nice to hear when one or two of our associates goes above and beyond. I will be sure and pass along the comments to both Dylan and "Z". Hopefully, on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will once again choose the Sheraton as your place to stay.
South Daytona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is in a beautiful location. We found the hotel to be very clean and offered everything we could have wished for our family reunion in early July. We enjoyed our stay very much. We used the pool, ate in restaurant, enjoyed the lounge and the walk by the waterside. Everything very well kept, and staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Lynda G,
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed our hotel while attending a family reunion. I was also pleased to read that everyone was so accommodating, as this is one thing we pride ourselves on. Hopefully, you will think of us again for your next reunion.
Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very nice rooms, large flat screen. Didn't dine at the hotel facilities. Very nice fitness room.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. As you were able to see, we have done a major renovation throughout the hotel. I hope that on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will make the Sheraton your hotel of choice.
Chester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The rooms are a good size and clean. It's a convenient stopping point on the way to Virginia Tech (about 45 minutes away). You can come from the east, spend the night at the hotel, and get to Tech early in the morning. If you are an SPG member, then this is a great deal with points. Only 3,000 points per night.

Room Tip: If you are SPG gold, you will be upgraded for free to a club room, if it's available.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Love2TravelVA,
We get quite a few travelers stay with us on their way to Virginia Tech. I believe as you stated our proximity to the campus is convenient. I was pleased to read your comment on our clean rooms, as well as their good size. As you could tell, the entire hotel has been redone from top to bottom. Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Virginia Tech.
Regards,
General manager
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel staff was remarkable. As an event planner for my organization, this was by far one of the best and smoothest events I have had in my 13 years of conferences/conventions. The Banquet Captain Novelette Johnson was on the ball and an absolute joy to work with. We have signed a contract for another event there already!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I was pleased to read how well you enjoyed holding your conference here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. Novelette has been with us for many years, and always gets the nicest compliments, we are lucky to have her on our team. It's nice to know you'll be back in the near future, and I know the associates will be pleased.
Thank you for taking the time to write, and we look forward to serving you again.
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family, dog, and I were on our way to NC and wanted to visit VA Tech. We had to find a hotel that accepted pets and was close to VA Tech. Using the internet, I found the Sheraton Roanoke which accepts pets without any additional fees. It was rated as a 3 star hotel. I wasn't expecting much but when we arrived, we were all blown away at how beautiful this hotel was and how friendly the staff was to us. We were placed in a room on the first floor and it was huge and beautiful (small bath but still nice). We had sliding glass doors that led to a gorgeous courtyard with a koi pond and a little bridge. It was perfect for walking the dog. My children (ages 13 and 11) and I used the fitness center. It has LOTS of machines, many huge flat screen tv's, free headphones, towels and water and cups. All of the machines looked new. After the fitness center, we tried the indoor pool. They actually have an indoor and outdoor pool but it was 10 pm so we stayed inside. The kids loved it and one of the hotel employees even came by and gave my kids goggles and toys to play with in the pool. There is free, wireless internet service in the room AND they had lots of FREE (very new looking) computers in the lobby for guests to use. There were lots of restaurants/cafes (we didn't eat in any of them) and also an in-room coffee maker with starbucks coffee. Beds are super comfy with great sheets - very clean and fresh. I have no idea why this place is only rated as 3 stars. Trust me, you will love it here and the staff will treat you right.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We do have a nice hotel for dog lovers, as our pet rooms have direct access to our grounds. The hotel was recently redone with all the latest amenities, as I can see you tried a few out. I was also pleased to read how well you were treated by the staff. Please be sure on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will once again stay with us here at the Sheraton,
Greg Hargrave

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!