“I would love to return” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
South Daytona, Florida
“I would love to return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is in a beautiful location. We found the hotel to be very clean and offered everything we could have wished for our family reunion in early July. We enjoyed our stay very much. We used the pool, ate in restaurant, enjoyed the lounge and the walk by the waterside. Everything very well kept, and staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Dear Lynda G,
I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed our hotel while attending a family reunion. I was also pleased to read that everyone was so accommodating, as this is one thing we pride ourselves on. Hopefully, you will think of us again for your next reunion.
Greg Hargrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Very nice rooms, large flat screen. Didn't dine at the hotel facilities. Very nice fitness room.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. As you were able to see, we have done a major renovation throughout the hotel. I hope that on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will make the Sheraton your hotel of choice.
Chester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The rooms are a good size and clean. It's a convenient stopping point on the way to Virginia Tech (about 45 minutes away). You can come from the east, spend the night at the hotel, and get to Tech early in the morning. If you are an SPG member, then this is a great deal with points. Only 3,000 points per night.

Room Tip: If you are SPG gold, you will be upgraded for free to a club room, if it's available.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Dear Love2TravelVA,
We get quite a few travelers stay with us on their way to Virginia Tech. I believe as you stated our proximity to the campus is convenient. I was pleased to read your comment on our clean rooms, as well as their good size. As you could tell, the entire hotel has been redone from top to bottom. Please keep us in mind on your next visit to Virginia Tech.
Regards,
General manager
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel staff was remarkable. As an event planner for my organization, this was by far one of the best and smoothest events I have had in my 13 years of conferences/conventions. The Banquet Captain Novelette Johnson was on the ball and an absolute joy to work with. We have signed a contract for another event there already!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
I was pleased to read how well you enjoyed holding your conference here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. Novelette has been with us for many years, and always gets the nicest compliments, we are lucky to have her on our team. It's nice to know you'll be back in the near future, and I know the associates will be pleased.
Thank you for taking the time to write, and we look forward to serving you again.
Devon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family, dog, and I were on our way to NC and wanted to visit VA Tech. We had to find a hotel that accepted pets and was close to VA Tech. Using the internet, I found the Sheraton Roanoke which accepts pets without any additional fees. It was rated as a 3 star hotel. I wasn't expecting much but when we arrived, we were all blown away at how beautiful this hotel was and how friendly the staff was to us. We were placed in a room on the first floor and it was huge and beautiful (small bath but still nice). We had sliding glass doors that led to a gorgeous courtyard with a koi pond and a little bridge. It was perfect for walking the dog. My children (ages 13 and 11) and I used the fitness center. It has LOTS of machines, many huge flat screen tv's, free headphones, towels and water and cups. All of the machines looked new. After the fitness center, we tried the indoor pool. They actually have an indoor and outdoor pool but it was 10 pm so we stayed inside. The kids loved it and one of the hotel employees even came by and gave my kids goggles and toys to play with in the pool. There is free, wireless internet service in the room AND they had lots of FREE (very new looking) computers in the lobby for guests to use. There were lots of restaurants/cafes (we didn't eat in any of them) and also an in-room coffee maker with starbucks coffee. Beds are super comfy with great sheets - very clean and fresh. I have no idea why this place is only rated as 3 stars. Trust me, you will love it here and the staff will treat you right.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor. We do have a nice hotel for dog lovers, as our pet rooms have direct access to our grounds. The hotel was recently redone with all the latest amenities, as I can see you tried a few out. I was also pleased to read how well you were treated by the staff. Please be sure on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will once again stay with us here at the Sheraton,
Bell, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is a big, beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The ONLY thing that could have made it better would have been a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
I was pleased to read how you were impressed with our hotel, and how friendly everyone was. I will be sure and pass along the compliment. I am however a little puzzled about the breakfast buffet, as we provide one seven days a week from 6:00 am to 11:00 am. It is located in the back portion of our PI Restaurant. I hope that on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you'll stay with us once again, and give the buffet a try.
Shenandoah, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here while attending a tennis event and this seemed a nice hotel near the club where the event was held. The checkin was nice and the employees at the desk were quite friendly. The lobby seemed to be un air-conditioned and was quite steamy and the business center is under construction but otherwise the downstairs areas were clean and well maintained.

The room was average size although the bathroom was small (the shower is covered by the bathroom door when open). The two queen beds had nice sheets and comforters although the mattresses tended towards the hard side. I shared a bed with one of my sons and the spring noise when one of us moved woke us up occasionally. In retrospect, we should have gotten the rollaway but $20 seemed a bit steep.

We stayed on the club level although the club is closed fri-sun. However we were given free buffet breakfast with very good coffee and omelets and a nice fruit selection among other things

Our stay would have been very nice except for the noise. The area near the room door is hardwood and transmits noise from the hall quite well, given that there was a one inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door. We listened to people talking in the hallway and doors loudly slamming until well after 1 AM, which was unpleasant, as the boys had matches at 8 the next morning.

Overall, the condition is nice but the noise from the bed and under the door made sleep difficult, which is why I ranked the hotel lower than I normally would have. Interestingly, when I mentioned the noise to the tennis pro, he told me that I was the third person who had told him the same thing over the last couple of tournaments.

• Stayed July 2011
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you for your response to Tripadvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. I was pleased to hear our front desk personnel were friendly, and you felt the breakfast buffet met your needs.
As far as the noise coming from the hallway, we are looking at different options and or ideas to mitigate the noise, and hopfully we will have this rectified soon. Again, thank you for taking the time to post.
Greg Hargrave

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!