“We were very impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Bell, Florida
“We were very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is a big, beautiful hotel with lots of amenities. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The ONLY thing that could have made it better would have been a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
I was pleased to read how you were impressed with our hotel, and how friendly everyone was. I will be sure and pass along the compliment. I am however a little puzzled about the breakfast buffet, as we provide one seven days a week from 6:00 am to 11:00 am. It is located in the back portion of our PI Restaurant. I hope that on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you'll stay with us once again, and give the buffet a try.
Greg Hargrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Shenandoah, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here while attending a tennis event and this seemed a nice hotel near the club where the event was held. The checkin was nice and the employees at the desk were quite friendly. The lobby seemed to be un air-conditioned and was quite steamy and the business center is under construction but otherwise the downstairs areas were clean and well maintained.

The room was average size although the bathroom was small (the shower is covered by the bathroom door when open). The two queen beds had nice sheets and comforters although the mattresses tended towards the hard side. I shared a bed with one of my sons and the spring noise when one of us moved woke us up occasionally. In retrospect, we should have gotten the rollaway but $20 seemed a bit steep.

We stayed on the club level although the club is closed fri-sun. However we were given free buffet breakfast with very good coffee and omelets and a nice fruit selection among other things

Our stay would have been very nice except for the noise. The area near the room door is hardwood and transmits noise from the hall quite well, given that there was a one inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door. We listened to people talking in the hallway and doors loudly slamming until well after 1 AM, which was unpleasant, as the boys had matches at 8 the next morning.

Overall, the condition is nice but the noise from the bed and under the door made sleep difficult, which is why I ranked the hotel lower than I normally would have. Interestingly, when I mentioned the noise to the tennis pro, he told me that I was the third person who had told him the same thing over the last couple of tournaments.

• Stayed July 2011
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you for your response to Tripadvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center. I was pleased to hear our front desk personnel were friendly, and you felt the breakfast buffet met your needs.
As far as the noise coming from the hallway, we are looking at different options and or ideas to mitigate the noise, and hopfully we will have this rectified soon. Again, thank you for taking the time to post.
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Telephone reservation agent worked with us to give us a deal within our budget. The check-in counter agent honored our room location request. The room was nicely decorated. I LOVED the high toilet. There were stains on the bed cover and lamp shade but nothing intolerable. We had a late night noisy neighbor and security handled it quickly and diplomatically. I had to visit the convenience store in the lobby at 5:30 a.m. and was delighted to find it open.

Room Tip: Top floor facing incoming air traffic.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Dear Bellringer716,
I have read your review on Trip Advisor concerning your stay here at the Sheraton. We have already corrected a few of the issues you noted in the review. I was pleased to hear how you were treated by the staff during your stay, and how convenient you found our lobby store. I do hope that if your travels bring you back through Roanoke, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton.
Regards,
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

The hotel was amazing! Everyone was so nice even just walking up and down the hallways. Several things happened tha prompted me to write this review. First when I was packing up to leave I got on the wrong elevator with a cart full of baggage and while was trying to figure out how to get on the right elevator so that I could access the ramp, a housekeeping employee must have noticed and personally brought up the correct elevator to my floor to rescue me! We were laughing about my dilemma and she was amazing! Then, of course I left very important proposals in my room. It took only one phone call to Wanda in housekeeping and she called me back immediately to tell me that she had them and then transferred me to Candice who helped me arrange to have the fedex'd to my home! Both were fantastic!! In addition, I was offered help with my baggage and everywhere that I went and the representative in the Club Room on the fifth floor was so friendly!! I was truly impressed and I am very thankful to those who helped me while I stayed there.
Kelly

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Kelly,
Thank you for taking the to write concerning your recent stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke. It's true, we have some pretty amazing people working here, and it sounds as though they made your stay a memorable one. I have shared your comments to all, and they are very appreciative of the kind words. Please be sure on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will once again stay here at the Sheraton.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I'll be staying here every time I visit Roanoke. It's soooo nice and is in a great location near the airport. Everyone here is extremely nice. I felt so cared for.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2011
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I was pleased to hear you felt cared for, and that everyone was so nice. Please do come see us again on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was traveling to Roanoke with my husband and 2 children for a family function the first weekend in June 2011. This hotel was one of only two 4 star hotels in the area, and because it looked nicer online, we chose this one. The property was very clean and nice looking. There is plenty of free parking. The staff was invisible. We really didn't even see or intereact with any staff members except to check-in. The room was very clean, and had Starbucks coffee in the room. We stayed on the fourth floor in a queen-queen room. The bedside table between the two beds had a lamp and alarm clock, but there was NO OUTLET to plug either into. The room must have been re-done, and apparently no one took this into account. The bathroom was very tiny. We arrived approximately 8:30pm on Friday and went to Shula's for dinner. The first person we approached as we entered the restaurant very rudely directed us to the hostess stand. The staff were very obviously aggravated to have to wait on a table with 2 children (as I observed them from a distance debate on who would wait on us). My children are very accustomed to eating in high-end restaurants and hotels, and this behavior from the staff was very offensive to me (and this was definitely not a "high-end" restaurant or hotel). The food was very average and my steak was overcooked. The manager did offer a free dessert, and she was very nice. Both my husband and I brought our laptops to do some work over the weekend. The internet charge was $10 a day FOR EACH DEVICE, not per room. The property could easily be a 4-star by making the staff more visible and interactive with the guests. The property itself is pretty and very clean, the pools are nice, and the room was comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Dear Eatons7,

I was sorry to read of your unpleasant experience here at the Sheraton Roanoke. Our goal is to provide friendly first class service to all. We obviously fell short of that goal. I have addressed your comments to all parties so we can work towards correcting our short comings. I hope that on your next trip through the Roanoke Valley, you will give us another opportunity to make thing right.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My family stayed here for 4 nights over Memorial Day weekend, in town for my daughter's wedding. We were looking for a nice place, needed two rooms, and close to the airport. The Sheraton more than satisfied! Recently renovated, the lobby is open and beautifully appointed, with multiple seating areas and a very accessible, updated business center. The rooms were exceptional, better than most 4 star hotels in which I've stayed. Roomy with awesome beds, marble bath and more, it was great to come back to at the end of each busy day.

Indoor and outdoor pools, a full-fledged Starbucks, and Don Shula's 347 Grill are terrific extras, but I think what I appreciated most during our visit was the staff. Helpful, courteous, and with no hesitation, everyone from the front desk clerks to housekeeping were wonderful.

Now that our daughter and new son-in-law have set up residence in Roanoke, we will be visiting the area quite a bit and look forward to making the Sheraton our home away from home.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. I was pleased to hear how helpful everyone was, and you felt as though you were at a 4 star hotel. As you stated in your email, please make the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center your new home away from home.
Greg Hargrave

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!