“Excellent Service, beautiful hotel"” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
akron, ohio
“Excellent Service, beautiful hotel"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed for college softball torunament. despite several teams also at hotel - guests had no issues with gettign attention, acessing ammenitites, etc. Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference center. We here at the Sheraton hope you and your softball team did well in the tournament. Thanks again for the kind comments. And if your team comes back to the Roanoke Valley, please consider the Sheraton once again.
Regards,
Greg Hargrave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Farmington, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed one night at the Sheraton Roanoke Inn and Conference Center and found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The room was large, well set-up desk area and a large bathroom. The room and all the public areas of the hotel were immaculate. We often judge a hotel by the length of time it takes to have room service trays removed from the hallways; no complaint here, they disappeared very quickly.

We were able to use the internet in the lobby without a charge, we enjoyed the food and service at Shula’s restaurant. The only complaint is the pervasive chlorine odor as soon as you near the indoor pool on the first level; hopefully it will not interfere with the breakfast restaurant which is right across from the pool.

Beautiful hotel with good service.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
It's always nice to read about a positive stay from the Trip Advisor web site. I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed the free internet as well as the food and service in our new Shula's 347 Restaurant. As far as the chlorine smell from the pool, we were changing over to a new system and it has now been corrected.
Thank you again for your kind comments.
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We stayed here two nights in sept 2010 wish we had been there longer ,nice rooms as requested with mountain wiew ,staff friendly and helpful ,breafast in restraunt very nice.It
did get a bit busy on the day we left (think it was a football match and team was staying there)
to see old roanoke town it was a couple of junctions down the road but valley mall is just across the highway for good shopping

Room Tip: mountain view rooms on top floor
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. It's nice to hear we met your expectations and that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly. Please make sure that on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you concider this your home away from home.
Once again, thank you.
Regards,
Palm Springs, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I've stayed at this property many times, even back when it was a neglected Wyndam property. I was thrilled at the room makeover. The totally new bathrooms said to me that this was a COMPLETE redo, not just some new furniture and drapes. I really like the "foyer" in the room with a wood floor, and a refrigerator/bar.

But, this time it was the service that impressed me. There was a bell man on his way out the door to greet me even before I could get in the front door. The front desk had my reservation in order, and the bellman got the bags to my room in minutes. This was "big city" style service with the warm and friendly attitude of the heartland.

I've always liked the property for its convenient location, fitness facilities, and windows that open, and now the great service takes the facilites redo to an entirely new level.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
I am pleased to hear you like the renovations we have done since becoming a Sheraton. We have received a number of positive comments regarding the new look, as well as the addition of our new Shula's 347 restaurant. I was also pleased to read about how you were treated by our staff. I will be sure and pass along the positive comments to all.
Thank you again for taking the time to write.
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

You will not be dissappointed. Everyone, and I mean everyone in the hotel was so friendly. My husband and I traveled with our two Siberian Huskies and I have never been at a hotel where they are axiously awaiting our arrivial. Make sure you get to meet Paula, Ashish, Courtney, and Mandi and they all went above and beyond to help us and our two dogs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to respond to Trip Advisor regarding your experience here at the Sheraton Roanoke. It's nice to hear when our staff goes above and beyond to make our guests feel welcome. I hope that on your next visit to the Roanoke Valley, you will once again make the Sheraton your home away from home. Again, thank you for the nice comments.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

The staff is very rude, not professional at all- which is something I would expect from the Sheraton. The rooms were nice
And very clean. It would have been a nice stay if the staff hadn't ruined it.

• Stayed February 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to write to Trip Advisor regarding your stay here at the Sheraton. However, I was disappointed to hear our staff was rude and unprofessional. This is not the type of service standard we instill in our associates. I do hope that on your next visit to Roanoke, you will give us another opportunity to show you we can provide first class service. Again, thank you for taking the time to write.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

There was a fire last night @ 3 AM and was awaken by fire alarm. Nothing major, it appears that the gas fireplace in the lobby caught fire and caused the spinkler just above to go off. I was ticked, but was pleased with the treatment we received in the morning by being offered free breakfast and a personal visit for what appeared to be the manager. I joked with him that if I failed my test I would hold him personally responsible. He laughed and asked if he could bring me some chocolate or coffee to be alert. A moment later, he returned with M&M's and then proceeded to pay for the Starbucks coffee I ordered while on the way to my class. The recovery from this angering event was top notch.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
0701, General Manager at Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, March 1, 2011
First let me apologize for the early morning wake up. We did indeed have a sprinkler head burst and flood the lobby at 3am. These are never a good thing, especially in the early morning hours. I was however pleased to hear how our associates made things right for you the next morning. I only hope that you will stay with us again, should your travels bring you through the Roanoke Valley. On a side note, the staff here is hoping that everything worked out well with the test.
Greg Hargrave

Been to Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!