“Best value - very clean, comfy ” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
new york city, ny
“Best value - very clean, comfy ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed with my wife on the way to Nashville. Our room was very clean; the bathroom newly remodeled. The bed was very comfortable.

Continental breakfast was simple, but "hit the spot". The danishes and bagels were fresh.

The hotel is run by a hard-working, super-friendly family who will do all they can to make your stay comfortable.

The hotel is located off of a busy main road and you can hear the trucks driving by. No big deal for us since we're heavy sleepers.

The hotel is dog-friendly ($10 fee) which is very reasonable.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable.

In order to improve our breakfast offering, we are adding 3 types of cereal in the breakfast.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

(540) 343-2413

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed here overnight on a trip to FL. I originally booked this property based on a TA review praising the owner,Blavik Patel. It was spot on. Having spent many a night on the road, I have never experienced a host as hospitable as Mr. Patel. Whatever our concerns, he made sure we were satisfied- even to his recommendation for dining!

Mr. and Mrs. Patel are striving to upgrade their property and put $$ into the physical plant, rather than spend it on advertising. Rooms were immaculate and everything functioned well. It is what it is- basic, clean accommodations.

Room Tip: Level 2, and toward rear of property will tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind word. We work very hard to keep the rooms clean and friendly. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the customer service we strive to provide to each guest. It was absolute delight to have you as a guest.

Upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here on a trip to Texas and were very happy with the room and the location. Since we can't rate it 4.5 'bullets', I'll say it here There are a couple of aches and pains - both chairs are broken.

Room Tip: The location for some may have a little too much road noise, but a first floor room back of the hote...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. You would be glad to know that we have replaced one of the chair in the room and we were able to fix the other one.

Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I recently spent a night at the Econo Lodge in Roanoke on my way further north. Weather was getting bad where I was heading and I needed a place to stay for the night. I chose the Econo Lodge based on location and price. When I checked in I was greeted cordially by a gentleman I later discovered was the owner of the hotel. As soon as I began the check-in process, he recognized my status with Choice Rewards. I have to say that as often as I stay at Choice hotels, this was the very first time I had been acknowledged in this manner and I really appreciated it.
The room was basic, which is all I was expecting. It had all the usual amenities, was clean, had a good selection of cable channels and internet connectivity. It may sound funny but there was one particular feature that I really appreciated; the location of the shower head. I am rather tall and often find myself having to stoop over to take a shower in older hotels. It's not the end of the world but I was pleasantly surprised to find that the shower head was nice and high. I found out later that this was a recent renovation of the rooms.
The most impressive aspect of my stay was a conversation I had with Mr. Patel, the hotel owner. He is young, energetic, enthusiastic and a pleasure to talk with. He is absolutely "customer-driven" and as someone in the customer service industry, I really appreciated his attitude. He realizes that there are still some renovations necessary to his hotel but he is working hard to make improvements and really cares about his business and his customers. I would gladly clone him and hope that he would work in many of the hotels where I stay. His level of customer service was outstanding and he made a routine overnight stay in the hotel a memorable one.
I wish Mr. Patel and his wife continued success in their endeavors and would gladly stay at the Econo Lodge again next time I am in the area. Good job!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind word. We work very hard to keep the rooms clean and friendly. I have personally installed each shower extension arm and curved shower bar in the rooms. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the customer service we strive to provide to each guest.

Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Love my stay here. I stay here 10 times a year and never been disappointed overall excellent housekeeping and very good rates. Management is very good and very polite. They are about the people and definitely will accommodate your needs

• Stayed December 2013

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I really like to stay at the Econo Lodge Civic Center Roanoke. The rooms are clean. The price is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I had to stay over in Roanoke Friday November 29thI had someone in the Hospital. Thank you Econo Lodge

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, December 8, 2013

North Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

First, access off of I-581 is weird; you go by the hotel, and then loop back around through a side street to get to it. Place was practically deserted; wondered if we were only guests. Room was basic, bed uncomfortable, but clean. The lobby where breakfast is served is tiny, and the breakfast itself was pretty pathetic; no cereal, only 3 bagels, which we ate leaving none for the next group to arrive. Most interesting was the fact that no one...NO ONE....came out of back to customer service desk during the 15 minutes we spent eating the "continental breakfast". Total reversal of recent experience at Econolodge in Corinth, MS. Really not that convenient to I-81 if you are traveling through, as well.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Econo Lodge Civic Center has change management in April 2013. we are constantly working hard to improve the hotel. Since April, we have replaced 18% of the old toilets with new dual flush toilets, 20% of the AC units from 8000 BTU to 12000 BUT, 20% of fridge and microwave. We have also installed curved shower bar in 100% of rooms. In addition we have also got our carpet cleaned by Stanley Steemers twice and every AC units in the room has been cleaned in September. All of the sinks and bathtub received a new drain. We have also replaced our roof which has taken a lot of time and financial resources. We have modified the breakfast area by removing a wall to meet city codes to add more items in the breakfast. We are adding a few types of cereal. We are proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel in a such short time; however we are not finished yet. I am confident that we will be able to keep improving the overall condition of the rooms to meet expectations from our guest.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We wish you would give us a second chance to serve you again.

(540) 343-2413

Been to Econo Lodge Civic Center? Share your experiences!