“Family Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Family Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at this Econo Lodge while visiting my brother for the weekend. I read previous reviews and decided this looked like the place to stay. I was very pleased with the room, the price and the hotel staff. The room was clean and everything was well kept. Even though the hotel is located on a busy street the atmosphere was quiet, The WiFi works very well. I would recommend this place to stay if you are looking for affordability and cleanliness. The only issue I had was there is no easy access to the parking lot coming from town you have to make a u turn to get there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable.

Thank you for your kind word. We work very hard to keep the rooms clean and friendly. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the customer service we strive to provide to each guest. There is a Subway, Sheetz, Arby's and a Vietnamese restaurant walking distance from the hotel. However, there are a lot more choices one mile from the hotel.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ronceverte, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge so we could go to a show at the Civic Center. I had stayed there several year ago and the new owners have greatly improved the rooms. I was very pleased that it had been updated and was very clean. The owner was very friendly and made us feel welcome. I definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

acton,ont. canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This establishment was clean, very reasonably priced and well located for our interests. We were travelling to the Nascar race and to the Blue Ridge Folklife Festival. There were many other patrons who also stayed here that attended the Sunday Nascar race. If they could improve on one thing, it would be their breakfast menu. After speaking with the new owners I found out that they are applying for all the variances required to beef up the breakfast offerings. The owners are just new and are making changes to the Motel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are quieter. We stayed on the second floor at the rear on the northwest s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are just wrapping up the modification in the breakfast area to meet the city of Roanoke requirements. We'll be adding a few types of cereals and a hot item to our breakfast.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge at the end of October on business. I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor and thought to take a chance. I was very happy with my stay and enjoyed talking with the owner. He is very enthusiastic about making the hotel even better for my next trip thanks again I had a nice stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Although not a bad place for the cost, I think there is a lot of work that needs to be done to make it an excellent stay for the money. According to the manager, who took over in April, they are planning a lot of refurbishing, and have replaced a lot of the mechanical systems already. I would remark that the door to our bathroom looked like it had been kicked in at some time and had a shoe print on the inside that looked like someone was trying to hold it shut with their foot. This does not add to any feeling of security one might have about their room. Other than that, to quote the manager, "the hotel meets all the standards of Econo Lodge".

Room Tip: Although close to a major highway, the room was quiet and road noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

Charleston, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Don't even believe the pictures that are shown for this site. Furniture was from early 70's badly scared and worn out. Our bathroom door was most likely punched in so hard the door frame was broken and repaired with 2 roofing nails (at least they were painted). Rust on back of hinges was so thick it has stained the wall and frame. Drywall repair in bath never painted. Dust on top of tv stand was so thick I wrote "dust me" and then went an washed my hands. Towels well, some look like they came out of my rag bag. Sheets, put on bed and not tucked in on sides, look like they fit like a sock on a rooster. Ice machine FILTHY. I could go on and on but this whole place is badly beaten to death. We travel often, this was absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Econo Lodge Civic Center has change management in April 2013. we are constantly working hard to improve the hotel. Since April, we have replaced 18% of the old toilets with new dual flush toilets, 16% of the AC units from 8000 BTU to 12000 BUT, 20% of fridge and microwave. We have also installed curved shower bar in 100% of rooms. In order to install the curved shower bar we had to remove a light fixture in the bathroom, which is the reason there is a unpainted patch in the . In addition we have also got our carpet cleaned by Stanley Steemers and every AC units in the room has been cleaned in September. We are also getting our roof redone which has taken a lot of time and financial resources. We are proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel in a such short time; however we are not finished yet. I am confident that we will be able to keep improving the overall condition of the rooms to meet expectations from our guest.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We wish you would give us a second chance to serve you again.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The owners are very nice and did a remarkable job of seeing that I could remain in the room I liked for my last-minute two night stay. And the single-bed rooms have a sofa!!--in addition to microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Not a bad deal for $55, I'd say!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We take a lot of pride in our work. We want to offer the best possible experience to every guest. It was our pleasure to accommodate your for additional nights. As you know we are now rated 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor and listed in top 10 hotels in Roanoke. However, we are priced less than 50% to other top 10 hotels in Roanoke.

(540) 343-2413

Been to Econo Lodge Civic Center? Share your experiences!