“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Econo Lodge at the end of October on business. I saw the reviews on Tripadvisor and thought to take a chance. I was very happy with my stay and enjoyed talking with the owner. He is very enthusiastic about making the hotel even better for my next trip thanks again I had a nice stay!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. It is a great pleasure to hear that we could make your stay enjoyable.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the future.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Although not a bad place for the cost, I think there is a lot of work that needs to be done to make it an excellent stay for the money. According to the manager, who took over in April, they are planning a lot of refurbishing, and have replaced a lot of the mechanical systems already. I would remark that the door to our bathroom looked like it had been kicked in at some time and had a shoe print on the inside that looked like someone was trying to hold it shut with their foot. This does not add to any feeling of security one might have about their room. Other than that, to quote the manager, "the hotel meets all the standards of Econo Lodge".

Room Tip: Although close to a major highway, the room was quiet and road noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

Charleston, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Don't even believe the pictures that are shown for this site. Furniture was from early 70's badly scared and worn out. Our bathroom door was most likely punched in so hard the door frame was broken and repaired with 2 roofing nails (at least they were painted). Rust on back of hinges was so thick it has stained the wall and frame. Drywall repair in bath never painted. Dust on top of tv stand was so thick I wrote "dust me" and then went an washed my hands. Towels well, some look like they came out of my rag bag. Sheets, put on bed and not tucked in on sides, look like they fit like a sock on a rooster. Ice machine FILTHY. I could go on and on but this whole place is badly beaten to death. We travel often, this was absolutely the worst place we have ever stayed.

Room Tip: find another place to stay
Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhavik P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Civic Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. Econo Lodge Civic Center has change management in April 2013. we are constantly working hard to improve the hotel. Since April, we have replaced 18% of the old toilets with new dual flush toilets, 16% of the AC units from 8000 BTU to 12000 BUT, 20% of fridge and microwave. We have also installed curved shower bar in 100% of rooms. In order to install the curved shower bar we had to remove a light fixture in the bathroom, which is the reason there is a unpainted patch in the . In addition we have also got our carpet cleaned by Stanley Steemers and every AC units in the room has been cleaned in September. We are also getting our roof redone which has taken a lot of time and financial resources. We are proud of the improvements we have made to the hotel in a such short time; however we are not finished yet. I am confident that we will be able to keep improving the overall condition of the rooms to meet expectations from our guest.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We wish you would give us a second chance to serve you again.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The owners are very nice and did a remarkable job of seeing that I could remain in the room I liked for my last-minute two night stay. And the single-bed rooms have a sofa!!--in addition to microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Not a bad deal for $55, I'd say!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We take a lot of pride in our work. We want to offer the best possible experience to every guest. It was our pleasure to accommodate your for additional nights. As you know we are now rated 4.5/5 on Tripadvisor and listed in top 10 hotels in Roanoke. However, we are priced less than 50% to other top 10 hotels in Roanoke.

Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

At first the hotel looks less appealing, right of a busy street and with a lot of asphalt around it. But the service is really friendly. Also found the complimentary breakfast really good for a place with this price. The room was quite spacious. Nothing out of the ordinary but everything worked I did have some trouble with the internet, which would work fine at some moments and on some devices, and then would not connect no matter what at other times. All in all it´s definetely a good option, especially for 1 or 2 nights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We take a lot of pride in our work. We want to offer the best possible experience to every guest. We have a great location on the main street. I am sorry to hear that you had problem with internet connection. We are working on revamping our internet infrastructure to avoid any outage. We had our primary focus geared toward improving the rooms first.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was a bit nervous driving up to the office of this motel, it looked a bit seedy and it's right next to a very busy highway, but the woman who checked me in gave us a room as far away from the road noise as she could and offered to switch us if we wanted. The room was clean and nicely appointed with a micro and fridge and their internet was easily accessed and strong. They offered coffee and tea in the office in the morning. There are lots of restaurants within easy reach. Good value for the price, and I highly recommend a stroll through the old cemetery next door; it's very peaceful despite being surrounded by high traffic roads. We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms furthest from the office are quietest.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind word. We work very hard to keep the rooms clean and friendly. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed the customer service we strive to provide to each guest. As you said we do have a great location being on the main road; however, the side effect is the traffic noises. We try to meet the needs of every guest to best of our abilities. From your kind words, it seems we have met your expectations.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is situated very close to downtown and has easy access to Blue Ridge Parkway. We got off from parkway and stayed overnight. There is subway and Sheetz next door and many restaurants in less than a mile vicinity. Bhavik who manages this property, does a pretty good job in personally taking care of all guests. Would definitely stay again if I am on the Parkway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

(540) 343-2413

Been to Econo Lodge Civic Center? Share your experiences!