“Extended Stay America” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
toronto, ontario
“Extended Stay America”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

We stayed 3 nights at the Extended America Hotel just off the highway in Roanoke, Virginia. The room was spacious and had the kitchenette complete with 2 burners, microwave, and full size fridge. Wireless internet was available for a flat fee of $5 for the whole stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful in recommending places to eat. I recommend eating dinner/lunch at Loganns. Really good steak and 2 sides for a mere $12.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
East Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

I had to stay overnight in Roanoke for a business event, and Extended Stay was what Priceline gave me.

The hotel itself was fine, getting to it was much more difficult. The directions I received from the website were wrong - I had to call the hotel and have them guide me from several miles away. It was late at night; perhaps I could have found it on my own in daylight, but I don't think so.

The man who helped me on the phone and then checked me in was friendly, but clearly wanted to get me checked in so he could go back to watching tv in the office.

The room was clean but on the rundown side - the bathroom countertop was in bad shape. It wasn't a problem as I was only there for a night, but I wouldn't have been happy with that room for longer than that. And that's an issue, as it's designed to be a place for business travelers on longer stays.

I wished that Extended Stay would make accessing their wi-fi simpler. This was the second time I've stayed at ES, and logging on to the internet both times took too long. I appreciate that it's free or cheap, so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — finding it was difficult
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2005

There was black mold in the bathroom, on the ceiling and showerhead. The linolium was cracked although they said that was being replaced. The beds remained unmade. The staff did not know how to use the computers.

I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel probably 8 times over the last year and a half and am always pleased. The rooms are spacious with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dresser, recliner and one or two small tables. The bed sheets are always fresh, white, and crisp; the bathroom is always spotless; and the dishes are always clean. The hotel just feels newer than most and the young man at the front desk in the evening is always friendly. The 8 times I've stayed the only problem I've had was a remote control that didn't work. This hotel is also quiet because it's down a side road off the Interstate. If you need a nice, clean room on a budget, this place is a good choice. Note that there was a $25 refundable deposit if you paid with cash.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport

Address: 2705 Frontage Road NW, Roanoke, VA 24017
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Roanoke
Roanoke Extended Stay

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.