“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great place to stay working on the road. Problem with correct charges for a week. And my charges corrected to my credit card for right amout of days.I stayed with my co workers as far as I know they had good service as well. I think they had a few minor complants is all. My stay was a month or two. Loved the kitchen set up it was nice not having to eat out all the time.

• Stayed April 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that you experienced some issues with our billing system; however, I am so glad that we were able to fix the issue. As well, it is great to know that you and your co-workers enjoyed your rooms as well as the service our staff provided.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

When I first got there it was supposed to be a non smoking room, the room reaked of smoke! I called the front desk and they kindly put me into another room.
On the computer it said the bath tub was a nice jetted jacuzzi, I got excited about that.. then when I took a bath it was not a jacuazzi and the drain hardly held the water. I wasnt to bummed about that bc the prices were reasonable for someone staying there for awhile.
Breakfast there isnt to filling- muffins and old apples thats about it. Those things are minor until I discovered this incident.. I was there for two weeks and then started getting awful bites on my arms. I wasnt sure what they were, thought maybe mosquioto bites. Then the next day I had more and more.. I looked on the mattress, tore off the sheets... nothing. Then I looked in the bed skirt- filled with bed bugs!! I immediately called the front desk- she picked off up to 15 bugs on the bed. It was an awful experience. They itched like crazy, I was afraid they would scar. I had already paid up front for a month and this happened within two weeks of my stay. I spoke with the manager, he said he would give me a refund of the days I hadn't stayed.(Which I thought I should get my full stay refunded!) After that I had no place to go so had to get another hotel- which cost me $700 for one week until I could find something more accomodating. The extended stay said they would NOT help with that cost. The whole experience was a nuisance!! Then I worried I carried those bugs with me in my stuff and had to have an exterminator come.. I wouldn't stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. Please know, I am working with the housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies so that this issue does not affect our future guests.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please feel free to contact me directly at, roa2@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I agree that this grab and go breakfast is healthy. However there were very few options. Like no milk, no other cereals other than oats, not other breakfast items other than cereal bars, and 2 flavors of muffins, and some fruits. Dine-in breakfast would be more preferable where customers can enjoy different items like bagels, waffles, breads, salt, pepper, milk, different cereals etc.

Also basic internet speed is worst. I see that there were options to pay more to get high speed internet. However, other hotels provide good speed access even in basic internets.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great for people who need a pet friendly place to stay. I have a German Shepherd and she was welcome. The bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the hotel staff were great. However, I thought it had been remodeled but the place was fairly old, kind of run down and there were ants in the bathroom. The kitchenette area wasn't very clean and the flooring was coming up on the edges. Bed was clean, free wifi, and flat screen TV were good. Grab and go breakfast... it was basically coffee and some pre-wrapped muffins/granola bars and some apples/oranges. Nothing spectacular but at least it was enough to get my day going. I had to borrow a hair dryer, there aren't any in the room, but the desk gave me one to use. There was also no coffee supplies and there was only a tiny bit of toilet paper on the roll so I had to go ask for more. But overall, I'm not that picky and I had my dog so it was fine. If you're staying there to cook and live for more than a few days it may not be too comfortable, especially for a family b/c it was small and so was the bathroom.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor out of the way of main traffic areas so they gave me a corn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had reservations for a non-smoking room and arrived just before 11pm and the lobby was locked and I had to use the phone which was ok. The person at the desk informed me that they had no rooms and were over booked. I stated I had a reservation and she stated the same reply again, than I stated I had paperwork and she stated I could come in. There was a list on the desk and I could see our name on the printed list. The lady stated again they were over booked and I point out the list and she stated yes I see you in the system but they were over booked and only had smoking rooms. Our reservation meant nothing to them and we had to take what they had even though we had reservations for a non-smoking. We took the smoking room and it was 73 for the air and the front of the ac was broken. It took for ever for the room to cool and we had to purchase spray for the room. We were told that if we went to the office the next day that they could move us to a non smoking room and that did not happen. We came back to our room and no one had done any house keeping to our room. There was no reduction in the room rate and I am praying I don't get double charged since the front desk stated they didn't see payment the night we arrived. We felt that the staff did not care for our needs and we could not sleep well due to the smoke smell in the room. I have never had so much negative things to say about any place that I had stayed but when you book a non smoking room that what you should get. We had know other choices b/c of the tournament and the hotels were full.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

didn't honor my reservation online pricing and they where over booked and my non smoking queen size bed room wasn't available when I arrived .I was put in a smoking double room that the outside door leaked and the bathroom door did not close .management had an attitude about my concerns. Promised to adjust my rate at check out and DID NOT. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

stay away!!!!!!! had items stolen from room. when talking with management was told nothing could be done at his level I would have to take it up with insurance company. what a crock. rooms were also filthy. stay away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!