“Some good, some below average” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Some good, some below average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great for people who need a pet friendly place to stay. I have a German Shepherd and she was welcome. The bed was comfortable, it was quiet and the hotel staff were great. However, I thought it had been remodeled but the place was fairly old, kind of run down and there were ants in the bathroom. The kitchenette area wasn't very clean and the flooring was coming up on the edges. Bed was clean, free wifi, and flat screen TV were good. Grab and go breakfast... it was basically coffee and some pre-wrapped muffins/granola bars and some apples/oranges. Nothing spectacular but at least it was enough to get my day going. I had to borrow a hair dryer, there aren't any in the room, but the desk gave me one to use. There was also no coffee supplies and there was only a tiny bit of toilet paper on the roll so I had to go ask for more. But overall, I'm not that picky and I had my dog so it was fine. If you're staying there to cook and live for more than a few days it may not be too comfortable, especially for a family b/c it was small and so was the bathroom.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor out of the way of main traffic areas so they gave me a corn...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chesterfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had reservations for a non-smoking room and arrived just before 11pm and the lobby was locked and I had to use the phone which was ok. The person at the desk informed me that they had no rooms and were over booked. I stated I had a reservation and she stated the same reply again, than I stated I had paperwork and she stated I could come in. There was a list on the desk and I could see our name on the printed list. The lady stated again they were over booked and I point out the list and she stated yes I see you in the system but they were over booked and only had smoking rooms. Our reservation meant nothing to them and we had to take what they had even though we had reservations for a non-smoking. We took the smoking room and it was 73 for the air and the front of the ac was broken. It took for ever for the room to cool and we had to purchase spray for the room. We were told that if we went to the office the next day that they could move us to a non smoking room and that did not happen. We came back to our room and no one had done any house keeping to our room. There was no reduction in the room rate and I am praying I don't get double charged since the front desk stated they didn't see payment the night we arrived. We felt that the staff did not care for our needs and we could not sleep well due to the smoke smell in the room. I have never had so much negative things to say about any place that I had stayed but when you book a non smoking room that what you should get. We had know other choices b/c of the tournament and the hotels were full.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

didn't honor my reservation online pricing and they where over booked and my non smoking queen size bed room wasn't available when I arrived .I was put in a smoking double room that the outside door leaked and the bathroom door did not close .management had an attitude about my concerns. Promised to adjust my rate at check out and DID NOT. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

stay away!!!!!!! had items stolen from room. when talking with management was told nothing could be done at his level I would have to take it up with insurance company. what a crock. rooms were also filthy. stay away.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We attended a family reunion and stayed at the Extended Stay. It was an ok place to stay and I picked it because the rates were very reasonable and it had fairly good ratings. However I think it could use some updating as it is very dated. I would stay here again in a pinch otherwise I would pick a different place closer to Valley View mall and pay a few dollars more. There is no restaurant on the property and the ones close by were not very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the affordable rates we offer. Please accept my apologies that some of the items in your room were in need of repair. In response, I am working with our entire team to enhance our offerings for guests to enjoy moving forward. Still, I do hope that you had a great time at your family reunion!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Farmington, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room are clean, good outside environment, peoples working at hotels were nice and the price is reasonable but noisy at midnight when new customer checked in, but that happens at other hotels too. Generally, it is not bad experience living at Extended stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My roommate and I knew we were in trouble when we could smell the smoke through the door before opening the door to our room. I'm not sure if the planner for our group booked non-smoking rooms for everyone in our group; our room did not have "no smoking" signs but other rooms did (but they smelled of smoke as well). One of our windows wouldn't open so airing out the room didn't work so well. It's also "stink bug" season in VA; but they were hidden all over the room - in nooks and crannies like the curtains (I scooped over 10 off of the curtains) which lead me to think that maybe the cleaning crew is not as thorough as they could/should be.

The bed was pretty comfy. The bathroom and kitchette appeared fairly clean but we were not there long enough to use the kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!