“Family Reunion” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Nebraska
“Family Reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We attended a family reunion and stayed at the Extended Stay. It was an ok place to stay and I picked it because the rates were very reasonable and it had fairly good ratings. However I think it could use some updating as it is very dated. I would stay here again in a pinch otherwise I would pick a different place closer to Valley View mall and pay a few dollars more. There is no restaurant on the property and the ones close by were not very good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the affordable rates we offer. Please accept my apologies that some of the items in your room were in need of repair. In response, I am working with our entire team to enhance our offerings for guests to enjoy moving forward. Still, I do hope that you had a great time at your family reunion!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Farmington, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The room are clean, good outside environment, peoples working at hotels were nice and the price is reasonable but noisy at midnight when new customer checked in, but that happens at other hotels too. Generally, it is not bad experience living at Extended stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My roommate and I knew we were in trouble when we could smell the smoke through the door before opening the door to our room. I'm not sure if the planner for our group booked non-smoking rooms for everyone in our group; our room did not have "no smoking" signs but other rooms did (but they smelled of smoke as well). One of our windows wouldn't open so airing out the room didn't work so well. It's also "stink bug" season in VA; but they were hidden all over the room - in nooks and crannies like the curtains (I scooped over 10 off of the curtains) which lead me to think that maybe the cleaning crew is not as thorough as they could/should be.

The bed was pretty comfy. The bathroom and kitchette appeared fairly clean but we were not there long enough to use the kitchen.

• Stayed November 2012
Loudon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Exterior was nice, parking lot picked up, nice landscape, convenient area. Those were the positives.

Room was in disrepair, lights no bulbs, strong odor, flies and small gnats. Siverware drawer was dirty, refrigerator was dirty, counter top heavily marred and burned. Microwave didn't function well, one stove burner was so out of position it couldn't be used. It isn't that it is an older facility, just one that is not maintained and it appears that no one cares that it is a very poor representation of the Extended Stay brand.

In speaking with other guests, it was not just our room that was in this condition.

The desk staff were pleasant and efficient at check in.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before signing, checks lights and appliances
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Zero sound insulation in between rooms, woken up by neighbors & can hear their tv's, their water running etc. Air conditioner makes a screeching noise every 30 minutes or so. Kitchen had food caked on the stove & microwave.One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013
Stafford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was clean, the location was good, But if you want quite this is not the place, you can hear your neighbor every move. They shut the door and it like the building is going to fall down. Would I stay there again, maybe if this is the only place. I went as a group and got a great price. Maybe or maybe not. Good luck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamestown, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

For my husband's birthday, we decided to visit Roanoke, a favorite city of ours. He wanted to stay at the Hotel Roanoke. A little big pricey for our budget, so I suggested we find another place. Should have listened to him. He was so tired from driving that he booked the room quickly and didn't check it out. We just stored our luggage and went back out to go get something to eat. What a mistake. The bedroom/kitchen area seemed fine, but he should have checked the bathroom. It was a handicapped accessible room, which we thought would be alright, but the shower area was awful. Mold on the walls by the floors. A bit of bleach would have been easy enough fix and the wooden bench in the shower should be removed. Who in their right mind would sit on that? Again, it should be removed or replaced. Never, ever again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or at least check out the rooms in advance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the bathroom in your room was not cleaned properly. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is deep cleaning your room and working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at roa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!