“If this was the first time we would never stay at an Extended Stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Loudon
“If this was the first time we would never stay at an Extended Stay again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Exterior was nice, parking lot picked up, nice landscape, convenient area. Those were the positives.

Room was in disrepair, lights no bulbs, strong odor, flies and small gnats. Siverware drawer was dirty, refrigerator was dirty, counter top heavily marred and burned. Microwave didn't function well, one stove burner was so out of position it couldn't be used. It isn't that it is an older facility, just one that is not maintained and it appears that no one cares that it is a very poor representation of the Extended Stay brand.

In speaking with other guests, it was not just our room that was in this condition.

The desk staff were pleasant and efficient at check in.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before signing, checks lights and appliances
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Zero sound insulation in between rooms, woken up by neighbors & can hear their tv's, their water running etc. Air conditioner makes a screeching noise every 30 minutes or so. Kitchen had food caked on the stove & microwave.One of the worst hotels I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2013
Stafford, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The room was clean, the location was good, But if you want quite this is not the place, you can hear your neighbor every move. They shut the door and it like the building is going to fall down. Would I stay there again, maybe if this is the only place. I went as a group and got a great price. Maybe or maybe not. Good luck.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamestown, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

For my husband's birthday, we decided to visit Roanoke, a favorite city of ours. He wanted to stay at the Hotel Roanoke. A little big pricey for our budget, so I suggested we find another place. Should have listened to him. He was so tired from driving that he booked the room quickly and didn't check it out. We just stored our luggage and went back out to go get something to eat. What a mistake. The bedroom/kitchen area seemed fine, but he should have checked the bathroom. It was a handicapped accessible room, which we thought would be alright, but the shower area was awful. Mold on the walls by the floors. A bit of bleach would have been easy enough fix and the wooden bench in the shower should be removed. Who in their right mind would sit on that? Again, it should be removed or replaced. Never, ever again!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or at least check out the rooms in advance.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the bathroom in your room was not cleaned properly. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is deep cleaning your room and working to improve our cleaning procedures moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at roa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Lawrenceburg, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Needed a block of rooms to attend college graduation for only one night at a reasonable price. Though 30-45 minutes away, this satisfied the criteria. Bethany at the front desk was pleasant and efficient in satisfying our multiple billing needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so proud to know that Bethany provided you both pleasant and efficient service during your stay with us. We hope you had a great time at the College Graduation you were in town for!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was a bit scared after some of the reviews. Have stayed there before, no issues and was there on business again. Room was clean again, everything in working order, bed comfortable. Only issue is overall noise level. The walls really are not well sound insulated and you can hear EVERYTHING. If you are a light sleeper think twice. Highway noise was the biggest issue for me although there were some loud TVs and conversations at times. Felt like I was waking up to a semi about to run me down.... I had tried to run the AC fan to drown the noise with little success. Roasted myself the first night and the fan alone wasnt loud enough white noise. Staff was polite and professional. Breakfast was minimal but functional, dont expect the amount of variety of some of the larger 2-3 star chains.

I would probably stay there again. It was considerably less expensive than the normal chains I stay with. Hotels have been considerably overpriced in Roanoke on my stays there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the noise level in your room was uncomfortable. We are sorry for this issue, and in the future we will do our very best to find a quieter area of the hotel for your stay. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room.

Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I feel like i only booked this because of the price difference. So if your major concern is getting a good deal maybe you would like it here. I cant remember the exact rate but I think it was about 59 a night. compared to about 90 for most of the other rooms in the same area. The major drawbacks for me were the amount it cost to do laundry and the cleanliness of the room. First the laundry facility was crazy. It was 2.00 to wash, and 2.00 to dry. so each load was 4.00 bucks and the washers are small. I stayed there a week and spent 12 extra dollars on laundry. If you are calling yourself and EXTENDED STAY why are these facilities not free? Second the Cleanliness of the room was well disappointing. There were empty Liquor bottles underneath the bed, and rose pedals in the drawers. Not sure what they cleaned when they came in, but this stuff was obvious. Overall if you want a nice clean place to stay a week thats close to things I would recommend somewhere else. if you dont plan on being in your room long or on a short night or two stay and want to save some money maybe this is for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!