“college graduation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Lawrenceburg, KY
“college graduation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Needed a block of rooms to attend college graduation for only one night at a reasonable price. Though 30-45 minutes away, this satisfied the criteria. Bethany at the front desk was pleasant and efficient in satisfying our multiple billing needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review. I am so proud to know that Bethany provided you both pleasant and efficient service during your stay with us. We hope you had a great time at the College Graduation you were in town for!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was a bit scared after some of the reviews. Have stayed there before, no issues and was there on business again. Room was clean again, everything in working order, bed comfortable. Only issue is overall noise level. The walls really are not well sound insulated and you can hear EVERYTHING. If you are a light sleeper think twice. Highway noise was the biggest issue for me although there were some loud TVs and conversations at times. Felt like I was waking up to a semi about to run me down.... I had tried to run the AC fan to drown the noise with little success. Roasted myself the first night and the fan alone wasnt loud enough white noise. Staff was polite and professional. Breakfast was minimal but functional, dont expect the amount of variety of some of the larger 2-3 star chains.

I would probably stay there again. It was considerably less expensive than the normal chains I stay with. Hotels have been considerably overpriced in Roanoke on my stays there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that the noise level in your room was uncomfortable. We are sorry for this issue, and in the future we will do our very best to find a quieter area of the hotel for your stay. Still, we are happy to read that we provided you with a clean and comfortable room.

Okinawa, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I feel like i only booked this because of the price difference. So if your major concern is getting a good deal maybe you would like it here. I cant remember the exact rate but I think it was about 59 a night. compared to about 90 for most of the other rooms in the same area. The major drawbacks for me were the amount it cost to do laundry and the cleanliness of the room. First the laundry facility was crazy. It was 2.00 to wash, and 2.00 to dry. so each load was 4.00 bucks and the washers are small. I stayed there a week and spent 12 extra dollars on laundry. If you are calling yourself and EXTENDED STAY why are these facilities not free? Second the Cleanliness of the room was well disappointing. There were empty Liquor bottles underneath the bed, and rose pedals in the drawers. Not sure what they cleaned when they came in, but this stuff was obvious. Overall if you want a nice clean place to stay a week thats close to things I would recommend somewhere else. if you dont plan on being in your room long or on a short night or two stay and want to save some money maybe this is for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Room not well cleaned - found pair of slippers and two chargers plugged in....kitchen had big burn mark on counter, cabinet door off hinges, overall cleanliness poor. Bedspreads found on beds in plastic bags, beds not made for arrival. Location was good, staff great, but otherwise wouldn't stay again

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Chester NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this room on Hotwire for $41.00. It was rated as a 2 star with 60% approval by Hotwire users. Which I use as a guide when using Hotwire. It is off 81/581 a few miles. The place has an elevator and luggage carts. 2 queen size beds, and kitchenette. This included, cook top, sink, large fridge, microwave, cabinets etc. You could stay and cook breakfast and light meals no problem. had a small counter top, a dining table for 2. A desk area seperate. Easy chair. A comfortable room. Free parking, free internet Close to places to eat because of its airport location. It also has a grab and go breakfast which is coffee,muffin, oat bar. Make sure you bring shampoo they do not put in bathrooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a late check-in and the front counter person was very nice and friendly. The room was clean and nice. The hotel has new sheets and comforters which are soft and warm. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for an extended weekend after reading reviews on this site. I can honestly say I have never had such a horrid experience. Checking in was fine..While walking to our room, there was trash and various clothing items outside of room doors. Upon entering our room, it was quite run down. Both the carpet and bedding had stains. Overlooking that, we began to unpack. While looking for the garbage, we found one under the sink which was full (mostly of beer cars). We moved the garbage to bring it outside the room, when my husband had to kill a COCHROACH. Not only that, but since there were traps by the garbage, it led us to believe this was an ongoing problem. Since my children are only 2 and 3, we quickly were refunded and checked into the Holiday INN which was located right behind this hotel. I was looking for a room to keep food and cook for my children, however, it appears to me that people live there full time and the place is not well taken care of. As a woman with young children, I would be mindful before booking this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!