“more than a room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Chester NJ
“more than a room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this room on Hotwire for $41.00. It was rated as a 2 star with 60% approval by Hotwire users. Which I use as a guide when using Hotwire. It is off 81/581 a few miles. The place has an elevator and luggage carts. 2 queen size beds, and kitchenette. This included, cook top, sink, large fridge, microwave, cabinets etc. You could stay and cook breakfast and light meals no problem. had a small counter top, a dining table for 2. A desk area seperate. Easy chair. A comfortable room. Free parking, free internet Close to places to eat because of its airport location. It also has a grab and go breakfast which is coffee,muffin, oat bar. Make sure you bring shampoo they do not put in bathrooms.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had a late check-in and the front counter person was very nice and friendly. The room was clean and nice. The hotel has new sheets and comforters which are soft and warm. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels
Long Island City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for an extended weekend after reading reviews on this site. I can honestly say I have never had such a horrid experience. Checking in was fine..While walking to our room, there was trash and various clothing items outside of room doors. Upon entering our room, it was quite run down. Both the carpet and bedding had stains. Overlooking that, we began to unpack. While looking for the garbage, we found one under the sink which was full (mostly of beer cars). We moved the garbage to bring it outside the room, when my husband had to kill a COCHROACH. Not only that, but since there were traps by the garbage, it led us to believe this was an ongoing problem. Since my children are only 2 and 3, we quickly were refunded and checked into the Holiday INN which was located right behind this hotel. I was looking for a room to keep food and cook for my children, however, it appears to me that people live there full time and the place is not well taken care of. As a woman with young children, I would be mindful before booking this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My fiancee and I relocated to Roanoke for employment. We found the Extended Stay America on the Internet, loved the rates and relocated immediately. During our 40-day stay here, which gave us time to find an apartment, we have enjoyed the kitchenette and the spacious, clean room. It is funny how the little things, like waking up in the middle of the night to find that you DO have a refrigerator and that you can get ice anytime, can mean a lot.

From the moment we arrived, the staff has been nothing but friendly, courteous and helpful. We especially liked that the already affordable room rate decreased the longer we stayed.

I would definitely recommend the Extended Stay America in Roanoke to anyone staying for a week or longer. I will definitely stay at another one of their hotels!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

First impressions are lasting impressions and this hotel definitely will leave you satisfied. From the comfort of the rooms and their overly convient accommodations, the assertiveness and courteous service that you'll receive and also an ideal location, to commute from various attractions in Roanoke, VA. My family and I have enjoyed our stay and our experience with a hotel that doesn't treat you like new "business" but more so, like a new "guest. " Very affordable and worth every penny you save, staying there. Definitely will continue to make more future reservations with them!

• Stayed December 2012
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed here for 13 weeks and enjoyed it. I feel very safe here, and it is close to shopping and Gold gym. the staff are friendly and have spoiled my cat and dog by having treats for them and play with them, when we stop by the front desk. If you need anything they are quick to help out. Housekeeping is good. It is very reasonable priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had to stay in Roanoke for business for 70 days. Staying at the Extended Stay made sense for the cost and the full kitchen. The rooms were well kept and clean and the wifi worked flawlessly. I was able to send mail through the front desk and they received my many packages with no issue or complaints. Lisa, Nathan and the rest of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I would recommend the Extended Stay Roanoke for the price, the cleanliness, and most of all, the service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!