“A Place You Can Call Home Even if for a Little While” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“A Place You Can Call Home Even if for a Little While”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

My fiancee and I relocated to Roanoke for employment. We found the Extended Stay America on the Internet, loved the rates and relocated immediately. During our 40-day stay here, which gave us time to find an apartment, we have enjoyed the kitchenette and the spacious, clean room. It is funny how the little things, like waking up in the middle of the night to find that you DO have a refrigerator and that you can get ice anytime, can mean a lot.

From the moment we arrived, the staff has been nothing but friendly, courteous and helpful. We especially liked that the already affordable room rate decreased the longer we stayed.

I would definitely recommend the Extended Stay America in Roanoke to anyone staying for a week or longer. I will definitely stay at another one of their hotels!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

First impressions are lasting impressions and this hotel definitely will leave you satisfied. From the comfort of the rooms and their overly convient accommodations, the assertiveness and courteous service that you'll receive and also an ideal location, to commute from various attractions in Roanoke, VA. My family and I have enjoyed our stay and our experience with a hotel that doesn't treat you like new "business" but more so, like a new "guest. " Very affordable and worth every penny you save, staying there. Definitely will continue to make more future reservations with them!

• Stayed December 2012
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed here for 13 weeks and enjoyed it. I feel very safe here, and it is close to shopping and Gold gym. the staff are friendly and have spoiled my cat and dog by having treats for them and play with them, when we stop by the front desk. If you need anything they are quick to help out. Housekeeping is good. It is very reasonable priced.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had to stay in Roanoke for business for 70 days. Staying at the Extended Stay made sense for the cost and the full kitchen. The rooms were well kept and clean and the wifi worked flawlessly. I was able to send mail through the front desk and they received my many packages with no issue or complaints. Lisa, Nathan and the rest of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. I would recommend the Extended Stay Roanoke for the price, the cleanliness, and most of all, the service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2012

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay out of town 5 days a week and have stayed at alot of hotels. The Extended Stay America Roanoke is a nice relaxing place to stay. LIsa and the other employees there are courteous and friendly. I have had pleasure of being treated to Guest Appreciation Days there, that have included cookouts and other activities. I know that when i come into my room each week there is a guest survey with a HAND written name on it of the employee that has cleaned my room and I have never had an issue with the cleanliness of the kitchen area or any part of the room as far as that goes. I would highly recommend that you stay at this hotel when in Roanoke.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I often question why hotels that try to go with a marketing style, sometimes just don't get it right for simple reasons. This hotel was chosen by hotwire.com, on blind bidding, and I had never stayed at one before. The lobby was nice and the person working there helpful. The room on first sight was quite nice, for a budget, extended stay style hotel. A small kitchenette and a bedroom off the side, tastefully decorated. The big problem was the kitchen. No paper towels for cleaning up, 1 set of silverware, 1 fork, 1 salad fork, 1 spoon, 1 tablespoon, etc, you get the picture. Even just one bowl, but 2 plates??? The cook ware consisted of 1 frypan, which was NOT non-stick, so when it came time to clean up, a lot of scrubbing was involved. Small stain on the blanket, and those bed spreads which I hate...note to Extended Stay, duvets are in fashion now and can be kept much cleaner. I understand that this is a "budget" style hotel, but a few dollars buys an easier pan to clean and upgrades the bed. I give this a 3 on a scale of 1-5, for good location and the enjoyment of being able to cook my own food, but needed some upgrades that would only cost a few $$$. Would recommend staying here for a couple nights only but not for an extended stay, unless you plan to buy some items to make your stay a little more easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Located near the Roanoke Airport and a major shopping district, this hotel was convenient to the interstate highway and expressway to downtown Roanoke. Room was clean, comfortable, and front desk personnel were helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the backside of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Roanoke - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!