“A great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“A great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stay out of town 5 days a week and have stayed at alot of hotels. The Extended Stay America Roanoke is a nice relaxing place to stay. LIsa and the other employees there are courteous and friendly. I have had pleasure of being treated to Guest Appreciation Days there, that have included cookouts and other activities. I know that when i come into my room each week there is a guest survey with a HAND written name on it of the employee that has cleaned my room and I have never had an issue with the cleanliness of the kitchen area or any part of the room as far as that goes. I would highly recommend that you stay at this hotel when in Roanoke.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Miami, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I often question why hotels that try to go with a marketing style, sometimes just don't get it right for simple reasons. This hotel was chosen by hotwire.com, on blind bidding, and I had never stayed at one before. The lobby was nice and the person working there helpful. The room on first sight was quite nice, for a budget, extended stay style hotel. A small kitchenette and a bedroom off the side, tastefully decorated. The big problem was the kitchen. No paper towels for cleaning up, 1 set of silverware, 1 fork, 1 salad fork, 1 spoon, 1 tablespoon, etc, you get the picture. Even just one bowl, but 2 plates??? The cook ware consisted of 1 frypan, which was NOT non-stick, so when it came time to clean up, a lot of scrubbing was involved. Small stain on the blanket, and those bed spreads which I hate...note to Extended Stay, duvets are in fashion now and can be kept much cleaner. I understand that this is a "budget" style hotel, but a few dollars buys an easier pan to clean and upgrades the bed. I give this a 3 on a scale of 1-5, for good location and the enjoyment of being able to cook my own food, but needed some upgrades that would only cost a few $$$. Would recommend staying here for a couple nights only but not for an extended stay, unless you plan to buy some items to make your stay a little more easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

It is my pleasure to provide you with an explanation regarding your concern about our amenities. Our company is known for providing great rooms at great rates, without some of the fluff that you find at other hotels. Items like "complimentary" shampoos and conditioners are not really complimentary; you do wind up paying for it in the nightly rate. Although we don't place extra amenities into a guest room prior to check-in, we do have a limited supply of sundries available upon request at the front desk. We operate this way because it lets us continue to provide our guests with quality accommodations at an exceptional price. I do regret that we were not able to communicate to you exactly what you could expect before you arrived.

Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Located near the Roanoke Airport and a major shopping district, this hotel was convenient to the interstate highway and expressway to downtown Roanoke. Room was clean, comfortable, and front desk personnel were helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the backside of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Roanoke - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Hartford City Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because this is where the company had the rooms. I have had good experiences with other Extended Stay America. Room was roomy and spacious. House keeping leaves a lot to be desired. Rooms was cleaned and all that was done was new towels put in and one bed had the covers straightened up the other bed was untouched. Then 2 days later the room was cleaned again an floor was mopped but didn't feel clean. Had a sticky feel to it. Also the bed was not made properly as I had another blanket on the bed it was just folded up on the bed. laundry facility needs attention as there are washers that are out of order an dryers that are out.

Room Tip: Would not stay here again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Roanoke - Airport. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 6 weeks because of corporate billing on my third week there A master key authorized by a password that the hotel cannot identify who has it enter my room and took a 24000.00 roles and a diamond ring out of my room. When the insurance for the hotel got the claim they refused to pay. I was informed by the roanoke police this is several times this has happened. I have since secured an attorney and having to sue the hotel to make it right. Also housekeeping stinks. Dont stay here, PLEASE

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
The safety of our guests and the security of their belongings is of the utmost importance to us. The statements made in this review are very alarming to us, as we pride ourselves on providing a safe and comfortable environment for our guests. We have never received such a claim before, so we are taking this very seriously and are working with the local police department through the investigation. We will continue to make security a top priority at our property so that we can ensure a comfortable, home-away-from-home experience for our guests.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

When we arrived ee were greeted by a very friendly and nice employee who called to our room in half an hour to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The rooms were large and not overcrowded. The bedspread had a few small holes but everything was clean. The kitchen was wonderful. It was so nice to have the full sized refrigerator, sink, stove top, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker. However, the coffeemaker was only a small two cup pot. I would have liked a bigger one. The brand of coffee they use is a little on the weak side. I would have found a bottle if dish soap helpful in the kitchen. The bathroom was fine. Plenty of towels provided. Shower was warm. Water pressure was good. The bathroom was clean. There is no hair dryer or shampoo provided so bring some! They do provide soap. I found the bed to be clean and comfortable. Although it is located next to a busy road I did not find it too noisy. I did not use internet so I have no comment on that. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I found it to be a wonderful value.

• Stayed November 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed in Roanoke to avoid the inflated prices in Blacksburg while attending a VT football game. While the location is a good distance away from campus, it was worth the savings - the comprable hotels in Blacksburg were +100. Worked for us, and closer to other destinations, ie: The Homeplace.

Staff was great, rooms were clean enough, maybe a bit dated in the kitchen and TV - but fine for just a few nights and being out all day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!