“Simple, Convenient and Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Simple, Convenient and Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Located near the Roanoke Airport and a major shopping district, this hotel was convenient to the interstate highway and expressway to downtown Roanoke. Room was clean, comfortable, and front desk personnel were helpful and hospitable.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on the backside of the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DerekDonuts
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Roanoke - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Hartford City Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because this is where the company had the rooms. I have had good experiences with other Extended Stay America. Room was roomy and spacious. House keeping leaves a lot to be desired. Rooms was cleaned and all that was done was new towels put in and one bed had the covers straightened up the other bed was untouched. Then 2 days later the room was cleaned again an floor was mopped but didn't feel clean. Had a sticky feel to it. Also the bed was not made properly as I had another blanket on the bed it was just folded up on the bed. laundry facility needs attention as there are washers that are out of order an dryers that are out.

Room Tip: Would not stay here again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Roanoke - Airport. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 6 weeks because of corporate billing on my third week there A master key authorized by a password that the hotel cannot identify who has it enter my room and took a 24000.00 roles and a diamond ring out of my room. When the insurance for the hotel got the claim they refused to pay. I was informed by the roanoke police this is several times this has happened. I have since secured an attorney and having to sue the hotel to make it right. Also housekeeping stinks. Dont stay here, PLEASE

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ricky b
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
The safety of our guests and the security of their belongings is of the utmost importance to us. The statements made in this review are very alarming to us, as we pride ourselves on providing a safe and comfortable environment for our guests. We have never received such a claim before, so we are taking this very seriously and are working with the local police department through the investigation. We will continue to make security a top priority at our property so that we can ensure a comfortable, home-away-from-home experience for our guests.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

When we arrived ee were greeted by a very friendly and nice employee who called to our room in half an hour to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The rooms were large and not overcrowded. The bedspread had a few small holes but everything was clean. The kitchen was wonderful. It was so nice to have the full sized refrigerator, sink, stove top, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker. However, the coffeemaker was only a small two cup pot. I would have liked a bigger one. The brand of coffee they use is a little on the weak side. I would have found a bottle if dish soap helpful in the kitchen. The bathroom was fine. Plenty of towels provided. Shower was warm. Water pressure was good. The bathroom was clean. There is no hair dryer or shampoo provided so bring some! They do provide soap. I found the bed to be clean and comfortable. Although it is located next to a busy road I did not find it too noisy. I did not use internet so I have no comment on that. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I found it to be a wonderful value.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank JCPWonderWoman
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed in Roanoke to avoid the inflated prices in Blacksburg while attending a VT football game. While the location is a good distance away from campus, it was worth the savings - the comprable hotels in Blacksburg were +100. Worked for us, and closer to other destinations, ie: The Homeplace.

Staff was great, rooms were clean enough, maybe a bit dated in the kitchen and TV - but fine for just a few nights and being out all day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ali28970
Chesapeake, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was a quick budget trip for two couples going to honor a family that had lost a son in Iraq. We had reserved 2 rooms for a Sat night stay. Our first concern was the lack of cars in the parking lot. I entered the room and quickly pulled back the covers. I was shocked and my wife was totally grossed out to find 3 blood spots under the sheet, on the mattress pad. We immediately left, reported to the front desk what we found, and got a refund. I would never stay or recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank skip620
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Not a bad place for the price.
We payed $54.00
Clean quiet room. Bed wasn't firm, but wasn't soft. bearable, would stay again. clean bathroom and shower.

rated against other 40-$100 style hotels.
1-10 10is good but not =to a Marriott 10

curb appeal=7
bed comfort=5
bathroom=6
quietness=7 (even on highway side)
staff=8