“will not settle” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Nashville, Tennessee
“will not settle”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was staying in this hotel for 6 weeks because of corporate billing on my third week there A master key authorized by a password that the hotel cannot identify who has it enter my room and took a 24000.00 roles and a diamond ring out of my room. When the insurance for the hotel got the claim they refused to pay. I was informed by the roanoke police this is several times this has happened. I have since secured an attorney and having to sue the hotel to make it right. Also housekeeping stinks. Dont stay here, PLEASE

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
The safety of our guests and the security of their belongings is of the utmost importance to us. The statements made in this review are very alarming to us, as we pride ourselves on providing a safe and comfortable environment for our guests. We have never received such a claim before, so we are taking this very seriously and are working with the local police department through the investigation. We will continue to make security a top priority at our property so that we can ensure a comfortable, home-away-from-home experience for our guests.

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011 via mobile

When we arrived ee were greeted by a very friendly and nice employee who called to our room in half an hour to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. The rooms were large and not overcrowded. The bedspread had a few small holes but everything was clean. The kitchen was wonderful. It was so nice to have the full sized refrigerator, sink, stove top, microwave, toaster and coffeemaker. However, the coffeemaker was only a small two cup pot. I would have liked a bigger one. The brand of coffee they use is a little on the weak side. I would have found a bottle if dish soap helpful in the kitchen. The bathroom was fine. Plenty of towels provided. Shower was warm. Water pressure was good. The bathroom was clean. There is no hair dryer or shampoo provided so bring some! They do provide soap. I found the bed to be clean and comfortable. Although it is located next to a busy road I did not find it too noisy. I did not use internet so I have no comment on that. Overall, my stay was pleasant and I found it to be a wonderful value.

• Stayed November 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed in Roanoke to avoid the inflated prices in Blacksburg while attending a VT football game. While the location is a good distance away from campus, it was worth the savings - the comprable hotels in Blacksburg were +100. Worked for us, and closer to other destinations, ie: The Homeplace.

Staff was great, rooms were clean enough, maybe a bit dated in the kitchen and TV - but fine for just a few nights and being out all day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Chesapeake, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was a quick budget trip for two couples going to honor a family that had lost a son in Iraq. We had reserved 2 rooms for a Sat night stay. Our first concern was the lack of cars in the parking lot. I entered the room and quickly pulled back the covers. I was shocked and my wife was totally grossed out to find 3 blood spots under the sheet, on the mattress pad. We immediately left, reported to the front desk what we found, and got a refund. I would never stay or recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Not a bad place for the price.
We payed $54.00
Clean quiet room. Bed wasn't firm, but wasn't soft. bearable, would stay again. clean bathroom and shower.

rated against other 40-$100 style hotels.
1-10 10is good but not =to a Marriott 10

curb appeal=7
bed comfort=5
bathroom=6
quietness=7 (even on highway side)
staff=8
cost/value=8

pleasantly surprised

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Whitetop, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed in room 106. It was clean and had everything I needed. Staff was friendly. I would definitely stay there again and I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Stayed two nights to explore Roanoke. Room was relatively clean, I carry lystol wipes for toilet, sink, and light fixtures, No bugs or critters! All was good after quick disinfecting wipe. No frills, small efficiency room was nice for fridge and microwave. I did not need to cook, but everything was there if you need too. Bed clean semi comfy, have had worse. All in all I would recommend for stop over, best price! $50 bucks...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Roanoke - Airport? Share your experiences!