“Good” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Clean and nice, but I did wake up with two bug bites on my face the next morning :(

Probably spiders cause I didn't see bed-bugs (I looked, trust me). Overall, I liked it and would recommend it, but I do suggest that maybe the hotel could double check behind the bed for spiders?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roanoke-Civic Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Barbara F,

Krysllin G.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Arlington, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I'm not sure the bed was clean! I took a mediocre shower and the bed smelled just...dirty. I noticed in the morning that there was one very tired, poorly dressed housekeeper with a bad attitude. Disappointed that there were not printing or faxing services (no business center). Very basic place. Breakfast looked fresh, although I didn't have any. Aside from the cleanliness issue in the room, the ladies at the front desk were pleasant. Parking lot was a little too dark.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roanoke-Civic Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Rubia-numbero-dos,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our front desk.

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from our front desk and for the uncomfortable bed. Your feedback will certainly be looked into and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Birmingham -Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My church group and I stayed at this property two nights as part of a round-trip to New York City. It has an old and tired feel, and it is "bare basics". This property is not up to Holiday Inn Express standards, the rooms were small, and it is located in a questionable neighborhood. On a more positive note, the breakfast had fresh fruit, although I do miss the waffle maker that is standard in most Holiday Inn Express properties. I would book a room elsewhere in this area.

Room Tip: This is only a three story property; there are no rooms with a view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roanoke-Civic Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear TrojanBill1,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are glad you liked the fresh fruit available in our breakfast area. We appreciate the feedback we receive as it is crucial to improve the products and services we offer.

Myrna M
Pulaski, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel/rooms were very nice, the staff was accommodating to my studio of dancers who stayed there for a competition, and breakfast was great. However, I would suggest checking your room upon arrival for sticky traps near the heat unit. When I was leaving I found one hidden beside the unit blocked from view by the curtains. When my husband picked it up he found a dead mouse inside. I went to the front desk and told management, they refunded $50 of my stay, however they insisted that the traps were to catch stink bugs and the mouse in mine must have ran in the door since my room was on ground level. A likely story. I will stay there again due to the proximity of the civic center, however, this year I will be inspecting my room from top to bottom before unpacking. I would love to rate this place with an Excellent cleanliness rating, but since I found a decomposing mouse in my room I can't do that. It should be noted that other parts of the rooms and hotel were extremely clean

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is the bare basics and is in need of an update. We had two double beds and one of the beds was unusable because it squeaked terribly if you got near it, it felt like it would collapse at any minute. One day our room never got cleaned and we had to get fresh towels from the front desk. Not too emotion that the part of town this is in is the worst area of town, so beware. Front desk people were very mic however.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We were only in town 1 night for a conference. It was a very pleasant experience. They had overbooked so they offered a king room at a 15% discount off the price of the 2 queen bed room we had booked. It was fine with us since it was my daughter & I & the room was very spacious and clean. They were very accommodating when I called a few days ahead to request early checkin. The hotel was nice & quiet & not that far from Civic Center. Room had refrigerator & microwave. I would stay there again. Front desk personnel were very pleasant.

• Stayed October 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stay at HIEX more often than not, and this one is nice, if a bit small. Friendly staff, clean, quiet, and very comfortable beds. Exceptionally helpful and kind staff in the breakfast area! I would have liked more variety of the breakfasts-I stayed 3 nights and it was the same each morning-but it was hot and plentiful. There are good sized parking lots in front and in back. Good location, but if you use a GPS, make sure you are very specific-ours took us the wrong way when I put the address in myself (instead of letting the GPS find it via the lodging option). We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roanoke-Civic Center? Share your experiences!