Unfortunately I have to say I was VERY disappointed in the Knights Inn Hotel we stayed at.
1. We requested a non-smoking room and although there was a sign on the door stating this, there was an ashtray on the nightstand, burn marks on the top of the bathtub, and at least 3 burn marks on the top bedspread. It also smelled of smoke (or something else awful, which Lysol spray thankfully took care of for a few hours).
2. The bathtub's coating was pealing in many places - besides looking awful, it flaked into the water when we took showers.
3. The wallpaper in the bathroom was pealing at the corners, a lot behind the toilet, and all around the top of the shower. The top of the shower's caulk was also peeling or non-existent and the shower head casing was missing.
4. The lid for the top of the toilet was not the correct one - it was too small and you could see into the tank on both sides of it.
5. The ceiling had extensive yellowish marks like smoke or water damage through out the room.
6. The carpeting was dirty and had stuff on it like it wasn't vacuumed. It looked this way both when we arrived and also each day after the room was cleaned. It was even dirtier, with visible pieces of stuff in the corners and an inch away from all of the furniture, like when it was vacuumed it wasn't done very well.
7. Each day we left the room by 9am and returned no earlier than 9:30 pm as we were visiting our daughter, her husband, and our 2 grandchildren. On our last night at the hotel, we came back and just wanted to pack and take showers. Well, to our surprise, we only had 2 hand towels in the room - no wash cloths or bath towels. After my husband called the front desk, they said we would have to go down there and pick them up as no one was available.
8. The outside hallways were filthy and smelled.
9. We arrived at 4.5 hours early and were charged a $20 early check-in fee, which I believe is unusually high since the room was available.
10. The hotel's website said, "Pets are welcome with fee - $10.00 one time fee", which is one of the reasons I booked this hotel as most others were per day. When we checked out of the hotel and I saw a $30 charge for our dog, I questioned it and showed the man the printout from the website. He said that they have always charged $10 per day for pets and that the website was wrong. During our discussion of this he said that they didn't have anything to do with the web and I would have to talk with the "website people" but then before I left he said he would talk with his guy and have it changed! I was charged the $30, which I don't feel is correct.
All in all, this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at and the people at the front desk were not very helpful or friendly. I find this a disgrace to the Knights Inn hotel chain, especially when their website boldly states: "Clean Rooms. Friendly Service".
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
- Ramada Limited Roanoke
- Roanoke Ramada
- Ramada Roanoke