“Should this hotel even be open to guest??” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
A TripAdvisor Member
“Should this hotel even be open to guest??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I was taking my 83 year old grandmother to visit her sister in VA...when temps reached about 83 and our air condition did not work...we called to get it fixed or get a new room. The technician came to our room looked at it..and said it was working...but before leaving our room he called the front desk- from our phone..had a conversation for about 5 minutes in another language...and left us to 'sweat it out'...thankfully we had a great breeze from the gap under the front door where roaches came in and out!!!
Sleep in your car...its cleaner, cheaper and you prob have AC that works!

• Stayed May 2004

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2005

We stayed at the knights Inn the weekend after mothers day in 04. I see by reading other reviews that the showers still are not fixed. My sister put her child in that shower only to be scalded by the hot water, and then frozen the next min. On the third day of our stay, there wasn't any hot water at all. When I called down to the desk I asked when the hot water problem would be fixed. The manager then told me not to worry about it because I would only be staying one more day!!! You want to bet? I packed my families 3 rooms in less than twenty min. and made us reservations at a much nicer hotel. This place isn't fit for livestock!

• Stayed May 2004
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2005

My room had a beer bottle cap stuck onto the wall, the sheets were not clean or washed, cockroaches in the bathroom, bathroom door would not close properly without damaging the door edge. The air conditioner was not working making the room warm and stuffy, and was held up by tape and had no grilles. The staff was rude especially the technician who came to look at the air conditioner who kept insisting that the air conditioner was working. Was awake all night because of the lack of chilled air. I left the motel at 6am in search for a better place to stay. Avoid staying at all cost.

• Stayed July 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

I have stayed at camp sites cleaner than this hotel. The shower is a lawsuit waiting to happen. I burned my scalp. Staff was not helpful. Rate promised during reservations was not honored. Stay somewhere else

• Stayed May 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

Stayed at the Ramada Limited in Roanoke while traveling April 2005, this is without a doubt the worst chain motel/hotel I have ever stayed at. We had a non-smoking room, the blankets had cigarette burn holes all over them. The bath tub had burn stains on it. The bed sheets did not appear very clean. Our room had a coffee maker without any sugar or creamer packets and with plastic cold drink cups. The hotel advertised a full breakfast bar, this consisted of mini bagels and mini donuts. The bagels were so small people were laughing because you couldn't get them out of the toaster once you put them in. The juice dispenser apparently had not been cleaned in sometime because you found small chunks of something in the bottom of your apple juice. Will not stay here or at any Ramada again.

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Not as described on website. Supposed to be newest building in Roanoke!! Room was shabby, dirty and unhygenic - blood stains and worse! Dangerous wiring, food in airconditioning unit, furniture and carpet covered in cigarette ash. It was so bad we were unable to sleep in the beds. Public areas disgusting, dirty and smelly. This was made worse by Ramada's (WorldWide) response. No answers to our questions and after many months we were offered a refund of just $25 (for 2 rooms). This was useless to us as we live in the UK. We will never use Ramada hotels again -Beware of the Ramada chain!

• Stayed August 2004
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

This motel was run-down and dirty, inside and out. The hotel manager gave the impression that he couldn't care less. Since the other lodging options in Roanoke are relatively inexpensive anyway, I would recommend that you try somewhere else.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!