“It was a very inexpensive room and the front desk and...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #31 of 37 hotels in Roanoke

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Earlier this month my other half and I stayed here and got a fairly decent room but last night was an absolute nightmare! When we walked into the room we were hit by a horrible musty stench and it was terribly hot. We cut the air on, put our stuff in the room and took a trip to Walmart to let the room cool down a little. When we got back it was still nasty hot and it took over 20 minutes to get the air to finally work...kinda. We got it to run twice for about 15 minutes then it just wouldn't come back on. It made for a miserable nights sleep. The "neighbors" decided that it was a good time to party down around 2:00 am which made it even worse. The comforter had burn holes all over it, there was no back to the remote and that didn't even want to work half the time. The tub and toilet were covered in burn marks, there was a huge hole in the bathroom wall and there was only 3 tiny flat pillows on our king sized bed. The refrigerator was nothing but a block of ice because it was frozen up so nothing stayed cold and we lost power for 20 minutes. It's just a sad excuse for a place to stay regardless of their $35.99 price...or whatever they claim it to be...which still ended up costing us over $60.00. This stay was a complete nightmare, a waste of money and we will not be going back there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ARNOLDSBURG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I wish I had read the reviews before booking here. When I arrived in my room the perfume smell was so strong it took my breathe away. After the A/C ran for a while, the smell lessened. But by morning there was another smell that hit my nose. The smell of rot, mold and mildew. I checked everywhere and didn't see anything, but the room really stunk.
I was only going to be there for two night so I just struck it out.
The bathroom was terrible. The wall paper was peeling off the wall. The tub was cracked and chipping.
If there was a rating lower than 1 star, I would give it.
Don't stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Made reservations through Expedia. Pictures on the site were obviously outdated. Got to the room and it was filthy. Entire motel was empty except a few rooms and the people lived there! Pure trash! Manager didn't want to refund my money even tho we didn't stay there. Disputing this charge. BEWARE! It's scary, I was literally in fear for my life!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Address: 6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #31 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
Ramada Limited Roanoke
Roanoke Ramada
Ramada Roanoke

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.