“We got there the price was more than my rev. paper had on...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
ARNOLDSBURG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I wish I had read the reviews before booking here. When I arrived in my room the perfume smell was so strong it took my breathe away. After the A/C ran for a while, the smell lessened. But by morning there was another smell that hit my nose. The smell of rot, mold and mildew. I checked everywhere and didn't see anything, but the room really stunk.
I was only going to be there for two night so I just struck it out.
The bathroom was terrible. The wall paper was peeling off the wall. The tub was cracked and chipping.
If there was a rating lower than 1 star, I would give it.
Don't stay here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Made reservations through Expedia. Pictures on the site were obviously outdated. Got to the room and it was filthy. Entire motel was empty except a few rooms and the people lived there! Pure trash! Manager didn't want to refund my money even tho we didn't stay there. Disputing this charge. BEWARE! It's scary, I was literally in fear for my life!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was absolutely the most disgusting and frightening place I have ever stayed. The rooms smelled of urine and looked dirty. The parking lot was full of people yelling back and forth at each other. We only wanted to sleep for a couple of hours while traveling so price was important. It was a mistake. We slept with the chair wedged against the door handle.

• Stayed June 2014
queens,ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

What you get is what you pay for! It is old, dated, and definitely doubles as a no tell motel, but I was given a room that was quiet, reasonably clean for its age (they need to renovate, but I didn't think anything was gross). I was disappointed a bit that I didn't see "critters" running amok. I am a biologist by trade and love entomology. The staff were responsive to a couple of issues I had, found no one rude at all. In whole, it was a $40 a night hotel- and I had a decent rest.

Room Tip: Around the back of the building was super quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Harrison, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We made reservations here with another couple on May 15, 2014.. We checked in at a questionable lobby but it was after 9pm we were tired. We went to our room it was nasty the carpet, chair and when I pulled the sheets and mattress pad back there were several bed bugs on the mattress. I screamed to put everything back in the car we would sleep in it if we had to. After going back to the office we told the young gentleman, he went to get the manager but the manager wouldn't come out and told him to tell us to leave. When we told him we would go show him he said NO LEAVE your going to run my customers off. This is June and we still haven't gotten our money back but we have denied the credit card charge.
Because it was a HOWARD JOHNSON and we couldn't get any reviews we thought it would be good. There is a Motel 6 up the hill from this motel very clean and great ppl we stayed there

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!