“STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #30 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is DISGUSTING! The first time we stayed there was mold on the carpet so we got a new room. The 2nd stay the floor was wet in front of a/c, fridge and sink. Then when I went to heat the food in the microwAve I found cockroaches crawling around inside and about 5 plus baby's inside the glass at the clock. When we addressed the issue to the manager he wanted to spray bug spray which we wouldn't allow around our 10 month old. And my husband told him we wanted our money back we were going elsewhere he Jus said he would give us another room. The sheets are ripped and stained. HAlf the lamps don't work. No stopper in the tub. Doors don't latch. There is a bunch of suspicious looking people around. While outside smoking a cigarette we were approached by a woman who I think was trying to hit on my husband or sell herself too. And then asked for $5. Out of control kids. StInky room. Pool isn't very clean. Wifi is a joke. A bunch of non English speaking people/employees.

• Stayed June 2013

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Blue Bell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was so disappointed with our stay. I complained to the front desk person
and she said the Manager would contact us in the a.m. He did not.
We left as soon as we could and tried to contact him while driving and he
was not there.
Even the front doors needed paint, they were scratched and a mess. We should have left upon seeing this mess.
We slept in our clothes for fear we would catch something.
We did not stay for breakfast.
I will be contacting Howard Johnson corporate this week to tell of our horrid
experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Waverly
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The room and bath were not very clean and had an unpleasant odor. there had been a electrical problem that had burned out part of an electrical receptacle so the lights between the beds was not plugged in. There were towels, but no washcloths in the room. The parking space was muddy. I appreciated the breakfast, it was the best feature of our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Address: 6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #30 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
Ramada Limited Roanoke
Roanoke Ramada
Ramada Roanoke

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.