“smelly room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Blue Bell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was so disappointed with our stay. I complained to the front desk person
and she said the Manager would contact us in the a.m. He did not.
We left as soon as we could and tried to contact him while driving and he
was not there.
Even the front doors needed paint, they were scratched and a mess. We should have left upon seeing this mess.
We slept in our clothes for fear we would catch something.
We did not stay for breakfast.
I will be contacting Howard Johnson corporate this week to tell of our horrid
experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Waverly
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The room and bath were not very clean and had an unpleasant odor. there had been a electrical problem that had burned out part of an electrical receptacle so the lights between the beds was not plugged in. There were towels, but no washcloths in the room. The parking space was muddy. I appreciated the breakfast, it was the best feature of our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Vinton, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After having stayed at this location in 2010, my boyfriend and I decided to re-book a room there for our anniversary this past week. When we got there, we noticed that the bathroom was in desperate need of repair - chipped paint in the shower, black mold spotting the shower curtain. The coffee pot on the sink was also filthy, and it was clear it hadn't been properly cleaned in quite some time. I made the mistake of walking around without shoes and socks on the carpet, which also hadn't been cleaned in quite some time, leaving me with stained, black soles. The air conditioning left a very sticky feeling in the room when left on. We also found a dead Earwig in our bed, along with small black spots, as well as holes in the blankets. Parking at night was over crowded and nearly impossible. Overall, not a pleasant experience. The one positive thing I will say is that the staff was very friendly, however we will not be staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Address: 6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
Ramada Limited Roanoke
Roanoke Ramada
Ramada Roanoke

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.