“Overall an unpleasant stay” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Waverly
“Overall an unpleasant stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The room and bath were not very clean and had an unpleasant odor. there had been a electrical problem that had burned out part of an electrical receptacle so the lights between the beds was not plugged in. There were towels, but no washcloths in the room. The parking space was muddy. I appreciated the breakfast, it was the best feature of our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Vinton, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

After having stayed at this location in 2010, my boyfriend and I decided to re-book a room there for our anniversary this past week. When we got there, we noticed that the bathroom was in desperate need of repair - chipped paint in the shower, black mold spotting the shower curtain. The coffee pot on the sink was also filthy, and it was clear it hadn't been properly cleaned in quite some time. I made the mistake of walking around without shoes and socks on the carpet, which also hadn't been cleaned in quite some time, leaving me with stained, black soles. The air conditioning left a very sticky feeling in the room when left on. We also found a dead Earwig in our bed, along with small black spots, as well as holes in the blankets. Parking at night was over crowded and nearly impossible. Overall, not a pleasant experience. The one positive thing I will say is that the staff was very friendly, however we will not be staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Alamogordo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel was a dive. The room smelled like stale urine. The appliances were really old and not kept in good shape. The bathtub and shower stall was cracked and the faucets were coming out of the wall. The mattresses were very hard and difficult to sleep on. I was not happy with the room, but I cannot complain too much because of the price. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After the post office here was not set up to mail their flat rate package after hours (no stamp machine or automatic postage machine... OR hole big enough to put the medium sized box in)

I got 2 books of stamps and plastered my package with them (My flight is on a sunday and I had no choice but to risk it)

After this adventure I get back to the room and want to drop my package at the front desk for them to ship out for me on Monday. The lady refused and said she is not authorized to do anything like this. So to simply put it the hotel refused to help me ship anything.

Business friendly customer service at its worst.

Also even though I order a non smoking room the room still had a hint of smoke and confirmed my thoughts with the burns on the comforter.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem
Hampton Inn & Suites Roanoke Airport

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!