“Almost average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here over the summer when a bad Derecho storm put out power through our area and parts of West Virginia as well. Was so hot couldn't sleep well at home so looked for a hotel for a few nights almost all that had power were sold out but was able to get a room here. People seem to live at it like a motel they had chairs pulled outside and gathered in groups being really loud/obnoxious made it an uncomfortable area. The parking spot in front of our room had charcoal coals actually lit on fire on the pavement I guess they were using it to grill out food. I am not sure if it was that but we seen the police there twice in the 2 days we stayed. Would never stay again unless they clean it up. It is in a good location in Roanoke close to Waffle House, El Rodeo (Great Mexican Food) and not far from airport. But I wouldn't recommend staying here unless you actually have to, the one off the Daleville exit looks much nicer from outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gulf Shores, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here for one night after a long road trip. The first thing you notice upon entering the room is the awful musty smell.
The entire room was filthy...carpet stained...chair upholstery dirty and stained. Hairs all over sink, toilet and bath.
Bath in such bad condition...stained and peeling....I refused to shower in it.
I had to use disenfectant wipes to clean door handles..bathroom floor..toilet..sink and headboards.
Someone had even scored 'I love robert'on the headboard.
Towels were off white and grungy looking. I checked bed for bugs.....thankfully did not find any. I immediately removed the pillows andbed cover from the bed as luckily had our own with us.
Do not stay here!!!! I did not feel safe here!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Address: 6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
Ramada Limited Roanoke
Roanoke Ramada
Ramada Roanoke

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.