“Trip home from Baton Rouge before "Sandy"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
MARTINEZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

10/20/12 I stayed in the Howard Johnson hotel at the above address in Roanoke, VA. I have only seen such a deplorable condition of a hotel one other time and that was 10/18/12 - 10/19/12 at the Ramada Inn in Fredericksburg, Va. I do not know if these two hotels are owned by the same person/company, but I do know they have very low standards of cleanliness of the rooms.

I did not take pictures at the Ramada Inn in Fredericksburg, but I do have plenty pictures of Room 121 in Roanoke. The ceiling in the bathroom in this unit is covered in mold - which I'm allergic to and the place is filthy. The bedspreads and the upholstery on the chairs have stains (and they look like spilt milk - I shudder to think what it is) all over them. The inside of the bedspreads are dirty and besides the mold in the bathroom - the facilities are stained, filthy and look like they haven't been cleaned in a month. The sink is stopped up and full of dirty water and the freezer to the refrigerator is stained with something unidentifiable.

I really think the beautiful state of Virginia would be ashamed that unwitting visitors have stayed in these conditions. I will be sending a copy of this to corporate and to Wyndham Rewards.

I'll not use Wyndhahm Rewards again nor stay at Howard Johnson's or Ramada.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Cleveland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Service was non existant room was filthy until i went to Kroger and purchased cleaning supplies for the bathroom and bleach to kill the mold on the ceiling. overall room was spacious not very clean though, the best thing about this hotel was the price 200.00 wkly and being a contractor sometimes you need to stay cheap, so the old saying goes you get what you pay for!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

PRINCETON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My sister's and I attended the extraordinary womens conference at the roanoke civic center. There were half eaten cookies and cup cake wrappers going up the steps to our room. It was dirty. There were no lights anywhere. It was total darkness going up and down the steps and walking to our room. The curtains were mildewed, we found pills in the floor beside the fridge. The toilet wasn't anchored to the floor and the toilet paper holder fell out of the wall. We had to ask for towels. I was so disspointed in our room. When we visit Pigeon Forge, TN everything looks so nice. I know we were not the only group there for the conference and I'm sure we're not the only ones with complaints.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

Address: 6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Wyndham, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport Hotel Roanoke
Ramada Limited Roanoke
Roanoke Ramada
Ramada Roanoke

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.