“Ok but we paid to much” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport

You added Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6520 Thirlane Road, I-81 Exit 143/I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Ok but we paid to much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

Me and my fiance paid 84 dollars a night + tax and the room was messy when we checked in the maid people told me and him to sit in the room next to us so they could clean it. After the cleaned it we went in and sat for a min. we left to visit somje family and then back to the hotel/motel. when we got i had to clean the bathtub which was worn down the paint was pilling off but anyway i had to clean it. the first night of sleep we barely sleep. firm bed very firm and really soft pillows dont mix. plus the airplanes every night but other then all that it was ok.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cobourg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

not very clean, lots of dirt in corners, I think they vacumn the center of the room, don't look under anything..!!! Our refrigerator which we were very grateful to have had a steady pinging noise... thought it would blow up but it did work and I think after awhile the noise lolled me to sleep. Breakfast was adequate ...... the best thing is the price and you get what you pay for.. it was quiet and we slept well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hillsville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Fairly priced. Breakfast is sufficient. Staff is nice and very accomodating. Older property but clean. Seen better, but seen MUCH worse! If yer' a "nit-picker" then stay at the HILTON.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have micro-fridges, but staff will give them to you as long as they are available.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have read several negative comments about his hotel but I think people are over-sensationalizing some things. I just spent two night at this hotel and while it is not the Ritz-Carlton, for $50 a night you get what you pay for. Sure, there are some stains on the carpet and you can see where the rooms have been repainted but the bed was nice, the sheets were clean and everything worked in the room.
Add to that the breakfast and for the price it isn't bad. I have paid more money for less quality before so if you are on a budget then you might want to give this place a try. It is close to the airport and not too far from some great restaurants. In short, it doesn't suck.

Room Tip: I stayed on the backside of the hotel so there was no traffic coming through at night. You park in f...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I wish I would have read some of the reviews before choosing to stay at this hotel. The room was very dirty and in need of basic repair and cleaning. I did not take my shoes off the whole time I was in the room because the carpet looked like it had not ever been cleaned. The towels were no longer white and I had to go out a buy an air freshner because the room had a bad odor :( The rate was really cheap and now I know why - even for the good price I would never stay here again. I am just glad that I did not have my child with me - would not have stayed if I did. Would definately not recommend for anyone to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

A good basic motel room. It was clean and reasonably priced. The room had a coffee machine,coffee,microwave,refrigerator, an iron and ironing board.The staff was friendly and helpful. There was even a coin washer and dryer.

Room Tip: Our room was a double on the ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

If you want to see what a motel in need of drastic refurbishment looks like, this is the place to view. Dated, Odors galore for starters. We should have walked! Down load the Trip Advisor App and make a better informed decision than we did!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Roanoke/Airport? Share your experiences!