“Fair Value” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Roanoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Roanoke
Super 8 Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6616 Thirlane Road, I-81, I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waynesboro, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I do not ever write reviews, be they good or bad. But our experience here warranted one. The room wasn't clean. The bathroom had hair on the floor, I practically forbid my kids to go into it unless they HAD to. The wall unit didn't seem to cool, the heat worked very well though. There were 5 of us in the room, we were given 2 towels and washcloths, very shabby ones at that. The pillow was HORRIBLE. When we asked for more we were told there weren't extras. All of this i could have tolerated without leaving a bad review, but to top it all off my 8 yr old son came home with some kind of skin rash on his face. not saying for certain it came from the hotel, but seeing as we had spent most of our weekend in this hotel room, i don't know where else he may have contacted it. Per the doctor it was an Atopic skin reaction. (think poison ivy type rash) but this can be caused from allergies to pollen, mold, dust mites, or animals and/or contact with irritants and chemicals. Again i do not know for certain if my son came into contact with something in the room that caused this, but i know that the shower had mold in it and the bed covers didn't "feel" clean. Just not our best hotel experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
After reading your review I would first like to say that I hope your son is doing much better. I am also apologetic that you felt that your stay with us was less than great. We have had all of our ac/heating units inspected and serviced for the upcoming season, we have plenty of towels and pillows also but if you were not happy with for any reason in the room we could have gladly moved you to best accomodate you and your family. In the future please notify a member of management so that we may resolve any issues and take care of you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The room was unclean! There was crumbs and chocolate (Hopefully Chocolate) All Over both Beds in the room. It smelled very bad. The bathroom was very nasty and the towels looked dirty. When we left and was 500 miles away I realized they charged me twice on my debit card. I called to tell then and there was nothing they could do about it today but they sincerely apologize. We are now 10 hours from home and because of the extra charge we may run out of gas. Worst motel EVER and I normally like Super 8.

• Stayed March 2014
In regards to your stay with us it is unfortunate that you did not have a good experince. We do not want our guests to feel that they are not appreciated and we would never want to provide shabby service or rooms. It would have been our pleasure to provide you with a new room, new linens, towels or whatever else you may have needed to make this stay with us more enjoyable. If you ever return please notify a member of our staff of any problems so that we may take care of you.
Roanoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was bad for me and my kids we went there about 3:35 am because my lights went out and my home is all electric so no heat so we got there heat did not work good did not get hot in room at all the next morning nothing but cold air blowing out of the old wall heating and air unit . Then the wash clothes where dingy not white at all .then I found out they charge me three times the wrong price for my room and I stayed one night the rooms where 54 dollars a night I got charge 79 three time then when I tried to talk to manager he was very disrespectful he would not give me his name and hung up on me .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Daniela C, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi Julia Sorry about what you feel an experience at our property. Yes i did remember you checking at 3:45 am my front desk clerk wake me about your electricity issue i told him to honor only $20- charge instead of $54- and you mentioned staying next day for charge of $54- which you agreed. The heat works in entire property only think you didn't call back front desk clerk he would have told you to switch the knob on right direction instead of A/c. I apologize about house keeping issue the rag should not be left after cleaning the room on bath rod which they have been notified with warning.
Most important thing about your charge to your credit card 3 times i already send you an e-mail which shows only 1 time charged on your credit card for $54- your bank has freeze your account by other charges i can scan your Folio an put up here if you want to look at it properly. Matter of fact i did explain you its bank holding your money for 7-10 business days then they will release the money not property. I didn't hung up on you was trying to explain you sending the e-mail again meanwhile i went to computer i lost your phone call and i called you back. If you go to any Motel all Manager name are printed and hang up on wall to see who is on duty and also most important thing we have our business card on front desk so customer and client can contact us directly through phone or e-mail for any kind of issue. I hope you understand we don't hold customer money its bank who freeze the account !
Sorry once again and in future would like to see your business !

Been to Super 8 Roanoke? Share your experiences!