“Suited its purpose” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Roanoke

Super 8 Roanoke
You added Super 8 Roanoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6616 Thirlane Road, I-81, I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bedford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I've never felt so uncomfortable at a hotel/motel before until this place! We got in our room around 10:30. Everything seemed fine. Until 1:30am when this guy down the hall knocked on our door asking for a cigarette. Then through out the whole night the people next door to us were continuously opening their door and slamming it shut. From 2:00am til 7:00am there was not 5 minutes that went buy that they were not opening and closing there door and making a racket. I continuously heard knocks on our door that I ignored. I didn't sleep the whole time because I was scared. We had walked out of the room at one point to get something from the snack machine and the big creepy looking lady next door that kept going in and out was just standing there staring at us. I know this place has cameras, did the person at the desk not see this creepy lady continuously in the hall way all night?
Comes 5:00am there was a knock on our door. It was the same man that had knocked earlier, and he was just studdering and acting weird. We told him not to knock again. By 6:00am I was way past ready to get the hell out of there!
The toliet ran all night long also. We had to shut the bathroom door because the noise of the toliet continuously running was so darn loud! The tv was messed up, there were white lines at the top of the tv screen. The blankets looked old and worn out. Yeah, the price was decent but I literally didn't get to close my eyes once due to how comfortable I felt. I honestly felt like I was gonna get murdered at this place. Never again will I stay here.

• Stayed December 2013
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I do apologize that your stay was not as you expected. I assure you that if you would have notified my front desk staff we would have done our best to make you feel comfortable right away. I can definitely understand that you felt uncomfortable with someone knocking on the door late at night and I want you to know that we do not approve of this. If we would have known would have taken every step possible to alleviate both the gentleman bothering you as well as the noise coming from next door. We take pride in our property and are working on improving. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will give us another chance to make you feel at home.
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel before, and while it was never what you'd call great, it was clean and we like it because they allow dogs.

This time was completely different. We reserved a queen room, got two doubles even though we checked in early and they said they had plenty of rooms. The beds and pillows were awful. There was noise into the wee hours of the morning, both inside and outside of the building, and the walls are so thin they don't shut out anything.

We ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night, and there wasn't even an extra roll in the room. The towels were like sandpaper, but great for exfoliating.

We were given the wrong wifi password, and when we called the front desk, instead of providing it in writing they just gave it out over the phone. So much for security. Not that I expected much to begin with.

We won't stay here again - it's inexpensive and dog friendly but not people friendly. I'd rather pay a little more and have decent towels and an extra roll of toilet paper.

Little things mean a lot, and when they go wrong, they add up quickly.

Room Tip: Confirm at the desk that you are being give the room you reserved. This was the second time we got t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Renee F, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hi Helen
I apologize about your misunderstanding since its a new management certain rules and regulations have changed. Very limited pet rooms with double beds are allowed on ground floor now on this property. About housekeeping issue its taken care and pointed out to head of house keeper to check for linens and other products. About noise you should have to notify front desk we would had taken action to stop that noise outside and inside property. We would love to see you in future with different experience then past.

Been to Super 8 Roanoke? Share your experiences!