“Unfriendly welcome to 2 very tired people.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Roanoke

Super 8 Roanoke
You added Super 8 Roanoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6616 Thirlane Road, I-81, I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Newport News
“Unfriendly welcome to 2 very tired people.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

No one at front desk when we arrived. Had to wait 15 minutes for service. We had traveled for 8 hours & wanted to check into our room. Then our TV remote didn't work. 2 hours later finally a working remote after 2 calls & not exactly provided with a smile.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Laura W, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi Sue
I do apologize about wait you had. Please understand that our front desk also has to clean and maintain the breakfast /snack room. That is why when our associate is away from the desk we have the notice to please dial 106. If this would have been utilized the associate would have promptly been there. She did mentioned that in 3-5 mins time frame she was on front desk counter not what you mentioned about 15 mins. The TV remote is unfortunate please understand that sometimes batteries do go dead and we came to your room it was fixed in less then a minute, the associate has been spoken to about smiling. She was having problems that day because of an injury she sustained recently to her back, I am sorry that she did not smile though I must give her credit for working through her pain and still providing the best service and atmosphere that she was able too.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
new mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent one night while on the road. Was Okay, nothing great. Air conditioner did not work very well even after the desk clerk reset it. Bedding could use an upgrade. Guess you get what you pay for. We were on the first floor which was below ground level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I do apologize about your A/c issue but we fixed it and yes the First level is 3 steps down on ground level which is built that way for easy Handicapped access. We look forward for you in near future and will take care with a discount rate for what you had problem. Your review definately helps to improve our standards. Most of our rooms has been updated with new mattress and those are left we are working on it. Thank you once again !
New England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our first room had a bathroom light that didn't work. The friendly desk clerk quickly changed our room for us. (We saw the same room filled shortly thereafter, so either they quickly fixed the problem or the next guests had to deal with the broken light.) Our room was non-smoking but it was quite musty smelling. The doors and other furnishings are very worn and look decades old. We could hear the guests in the room above us walking around their room late in the night and and heard voices from guests throughout the night. There are no decent restaurants in the area and had to drive miles to find something suitable. This hotel needs a complete makeover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for your review and let you know that our location has been taken over by new management. We are addressing every issue at this motel. We will be doing some remodeling both interior and exterior. This will be all funiture, carpets, paint and many other things. I have also had a meeting with all housekeeping staff on correctly letting the front desk staff know when there is any issue with any of our rooms. Thank you for your patience as we do this and thank you for also being our guests. We now have a menu located in the lobby with all the resturants near by and it also has alot of the menu's in it. We hope if in the area again you would give us another try and again thank you for your review.
Innisfil, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is located right off of Hwy 117 S and is surrounded by 3 other hotels. We had a ground floor room which is actually below ground level but has a large ramp system if you have mobility issues. It has the basic fridge/micro/coffee set up which is nice.

There unfortunately seems to be a pretty pervasive smell ( stale smoke & cleaning products) throughout the building. We went for dinner and left the air con on low just to try to freshen the room only to arrive back and get hit with a sweet, burning smell wafting from the unit. The front desk was advised but we did not change rooms just opened up the windows and ran the bathroom fan to help get rid of the odor.

Breakfast is pretty basic and in a very small room they also use as storage for extra fridges and microwaves. I went to the desk to ask for more milk and the staff member acted like I had asked her to actually milk the cow... she was sullen and got me the milk but did not top up the other supplies while she was there.

Bottom line... I think I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there i would like to thank you for you recent review on your stay at our location. I want to start by addressing some of the issues you had. First let me say that we are under new management and are taking every appropriate measure necessary to get this motel up and running correctly. I want to apoligize for any smell of smoke or cleaning products that you had to deal with when you were our guests. I have had a meeting with all housekeeping staff and have made them all aware that if the front desk isn't notified of these issues we will not be able to deal with them correctly. We are doing alot of remodeling both inside and out so again that would explain the breakfast area was being used to store extra items. I would also like to mention that we are here for our guests and also because of our guests so the fact that the front desk made it and issue about refilling the breakfast items is a huge disappointment and I have also spoken with our front desk staff regarding this. Again thank you so much for being our guests at the motel and we hope that you will give us another try if you are in our area. If so please let whomever takes your reservation know about your previous issues and I will personally check your room myself. Thanks again.
Roanoke, Virginia, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

property was well placed to see Roanoak, staff was very friendly and the room was clean, overall for the price, it was a good find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad the our motel could accommodate your needs and hope to see you in the future. Thanks again.

Been to Super 8 Roanoke? Share your experiences!