“Overnight stay” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Roanoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Roanoke
Super 8 Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6616 Thirlane Road, I-81, I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Roanoke

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
new mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent one night while on the road. Was Okay, nothing great. Air conditioner did not work very well even after the desk clerk reset it. Bedding could use an upgrade. Guess you get what you pay for. We were on the first floor which was below ground level.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
I do apologize about your A/c issue but we fixed it and yes the First level is 3 steps down on ground level which is built that way for easy Handicapped access. We look forward for you in near future and will take care with a discount rate for what you had problem. Your review definately helps to improve our standards. Most of our rooms has been updated with new mattress and those are left we are working on it. Thank you once again !
Providence, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our first room had a bathroom light that didn't work. The friendly desk clerk quickly changed our room for us. (We saw the same room filled shortly thereafter, so either they quickly fixed the problem or the next guests had to deal with the broken light.) Our room was non-smoking but it was quite musty smelling. The doors and other furnishings are very worn and look decades old. We could hear the guests in the room above us walking around their room late in the night and and heard voices from guests throughout the night. There are no decent restaurants in the area and had to drive miles to find something suitable. This hotel needs a complete makeover.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for your review and let you know that our location has been taken over by new management. We are addressing every issue at this motel. We will be doing some remodeling both interior and exterior. This will be all funiture, carpets, paint and many other things. I have also had a meeting with all housekeeping staff on correctly letting the front desk staff know when there is any issue with any of our rooms. Thank you for your patience as we do this and thank you for also being our guests. We now have a menu located in the lobby with all the resturants near by and it also has alot of the menu's in it. We hope if in the area again you would give us another try and again thank you for your review.
Innisfil, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is located right off of Hwy 117 S and is surrounded by 3 other hotels. We had a ground floor room which is actually below ground level but has a large ramp system if you have mobility issues. It has the basic fridge/micro/coffee set up which is nice.

There unfortunately seems to be a pretty pervasive smell ( stale smoke & cleaning products) throughout the building. We went for dinner and left the air con on low just to try to freshen the room only to arrive back and get hit with a sweet, burning smell wafting from the unit. The front desk was advised but we did not change rooms just opened up the windows and ran the bathroom fan to help get rid of the odor.

Breakfast is pretty basic and in a very small room they also use as storage for extra fridges and microwaves. I went to the desk to ask for more milk and the staff member acted like I had asked her to actually milk the cow... she was sullen and got me the milk but did not top up the other supplies while she was there.

Bottom line... I think I'd go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello there i would like to thank you for you recent review on your stay at our location. I want to start by addressing some of the issues you had. First let me say that we are under new management and are taking every appropriate measure necessary to get this motel up and running correctly. I want to apoligize for any smell of smoke or cleaning products that you had to deal with when you were our guests. I have had a meeting with all housekeeping staff and have made them all aware that if the front desk isn't notified of these issues we will not be able to deal with them correctly. We are doing alot of remodeling both inside and out so again that would explain the breakfast area was being used to store extra items. I would also like to mention that we are here for our guests and also because of our guests so the fact that the front desk made it and issue about refilling the breakfast items is a huge disappointment and I have also spoken with our front desk staff regarding this. Again thank you so much for being our guests at the motel and we hope that you will give us another try if you are in our area. If so please let whomever takes your reservation know about your previous issues and I will personally check your room myself. Thanks again.
Roanoke, Virginia, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

property was well placed to see Roanoak, staff was very friendly and the room was clean, overall for the price, it was a good find.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad the our motel could accommodate your needs and hope to see you in the future. Thanks again.
Papeete, French Polynesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Goals : an easy go-in come-out motel with 1/the Golf Channel 2/free in-room wi-fi 3/fridge and micro-wave oven
And?: Goals were achieved BUT the overall quality of the stay was poor
Check-in: no particular warmth or welcoming attitude, questions asked could not be answered (do you have the Golf channel? Don't know....how long is a dryer cycle? Don't know....)
Horrible detergents smell in the corridors
Room : large, with fridge, microwave oven, coffe maker, but....the 1970's TV, the ugly synthetic bed cover, the curtains, the stained carpet...everything was old old old, not nice, does not give you a good feeling, awful bedding (forget using the pillows, fortunately, we had our own)...
Included breakfast: forget it or bring your own food, there was not even hard boiled eggs, it was poor, really
We've stayed at several Super 8 motels before, and have enjoyed them, clean, neat, with modern equipment.......and hard boiled eggs.......we know what to expect when paying econo-rates motels and are very partial, but this Super 8 Motel, is a NO.

Room Tip: Choose another motel is my advice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelli G, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Good morning I wanted to apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay at out location. We want every guest to leave happy. I do apologize for the unpleasant check in you received and have already spoken with all front desk staff about it. It just isn't expectable. I also printed out numerous channel list an now not only do they know them but they have them to give to our guests. We have ordered all new pillow an bedding an are doing a lot of upgrades to the motel an we hope you will give us another try. Thanks so much and take care.

Been to Super 8 Roanoke? Share your experiences!