“Same ole” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Roanoke

You added Super 8 Roanoke to your Saves list
Super 8 Roanoke
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6616 Thirlane Road, I-81, I-581 Exit 2S, Roanoke, VA 24019   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Fort Mill
“Same ole”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed for one night at Super 8 in Roanoke. The room was a non smoking room but stunk of stale smoke. Staff seem friendly upon check in and check out. location was okay, little difficult to get back on to 581 south bound. Price was probably more than what the value of the room was.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Hi I wanted to get back to you on your recent review for our motel and start off by apologizing for any issue you had at our location. We have spoken to all housekeeping and now they have deep cleaned all rooms and I can assure you the musty smell problem is gone. We do not have any smoking rooms on our second floor which may be something good to keep in mind if you decide to stay with us again. Thank you so much for you review and we hope you will give our hotel another try. Have a great evening.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Harrisburg, N.C.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Having stayed in the Super 8, 25 or 30 miles down the road last week, I decided to try this one as I traveled on May 21. Unfortunately , not a good experience. The rate I paid was ok, in fact the whole bill was a little over $50.00. The room was not very fresh smelling, in fact a little bad. The bed was not comfortable, and even though I could not see anything moving, by the morning I was feeling as if I was getting bit over and over. Mind you, could not see anything, but the last few hours was not pleasant. The shower was very warm at best, and never got hot for either of the showers I took. Lastly, but certainly not least, the wifi went out in the evening, and when I checked out in the morning, was still not working. I asked the morning desk guy to consider knocking a few dollars off the bill because the wifi is a big part of my stay in any motel. He said he would have the owner call me when he got in. Never heard from him. Bottom line, there are some Super 8 Motels which are a fine bargain for the traveling sales person, and are kept clean and efficient. The Super 8 in Roanoke Virginia, is apparently not one to stay in . Probably worthwhile to pay a little more. One good thing.....Waffle House less than 30 yards from the desk. Great if you're a Waffle House fan.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelli G, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Roanoke, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Good morning Sir I wanted to first apologize for any issue you had at our location. We strive for every guest at our motel to enjoy their stay and to leave happy. I want to address some of the issues you had. First I am sorry to hear that your room wasn't cleaned up to our standers. We are currently making some changes in housekeeping to prevent this issue from happening again. The wifi was having some issues on this evening because of a local storm that we had and I do apologize. I myself find that wifi makes a stay much more pleasant and can assure you that now all of our front desk staff knows how to deal with this issue and get it up and running quickly and correctly. I would like to also let you know that we are currently in the process of not only making housekeeping changes but also management changes. We are also making lot of motel changes as far as upgrading our rooms and also the interior and exterior of our hotel. Again I truly apologize for any issues you had at our location and want to let you know that if you are in our area again please give us another try. If you let the front desk staff know that you were here previously and that you had some issues I can personally check your room myself before arrival. Thank you for the review because without knowing there is and issue it can not be fixed. We hope you enjoy your holidays.

Been to Super 8 Roanoke? Share your experiences!