“Just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am glad to hear the renovations are in the works. The room we had was not a renovated room and is in need of major cleaning and updated. It was either a smoking room converted to a nonsmoking room or there had been a fire in it and cleaned to the best of the staffs ability. There was still black on the door frame.
It is great for convenience to the conference center. You can walk there! And avoid the traffic. :)
Looking forward to seeing the updates. Will ask for a renovated room next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a "new" renovated room if possible
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The condition of the rooms is old and worn. The staff was friendly and helpful. A motel setting , not hotel. Ask for a room in back if you want to get decent sleep, noisy if placed in front room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked at Days Inn for 3 weeks due to moving to the area for a job. the rates were great, the staff excellent. Trish the Property Manager is the go to woman. She has taken that place and is giving it's name back or should I say making it better than it was before.The rooms need up grades and they are doing it with a deadline by 2015. My stay there I saw some people that were uncool reported to the office, before I knew it they were gone. I kept Trish and the staff updated on my stay and they fixed any problems right away. Rome wasn't built in a day and the remodel at Days Inn will not be completed in a day. So give them a chance. Also when people stay in a room they should treat it as an extension of their home, it doesn't give them an excuse to trash the room and disrespect the staff.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was pleasantly surprised at the mismanagement of the property considering it had pretty good review in tripadvisor.

I was there for an overnight stay on my to the destination and found this hotel to be pretty untidy.The room had all the amenities but it requires serious maintanence. The AC grill was broken and hanging from outside. The AC just would not cool the room and we had to put it @ the lowest temp. to ensure that we get some sleep.

The bedcover had strands of hair(we were able to find at least two). The toilet bowl had marks in couple of places.

I probably would not have cribbed had the price been below $50/night but considering that is not the case, I was pretty disappointed.

The breakfast was good but my overall satisfaction level is pretty low.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest, I am very sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay w/ us. We are under new management, but have only been so for 4 months now. During which time we have renovated some of the sleeping rooms, both elevators, and basic repairs. We do plan to do much more. We do hope that is you are ever in this area again that you will give us a second chance to serve you better the next time. I did notice that you were happy with service and the location thank you for that!

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center

Address: 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 37 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Wyndham, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Civic Center / Downtown - Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke

If you own or manage Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.