“I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A DAYS INN WOULD HAVE BEEN CLEANER...” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #28 of 37 hotels in Roanoke

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a cheaper hotel in a convenient location in Roanoke. No, the rooms are not as clean as you would find in a more expensive hotel, but if you're gonna complain, go down the street and pay twice the price. Or go sleep under a bridge for free, which will make you grateful for a roof and a lock on the door...
I happened to be there the same weekend as the bar exam, so the place was packed. Patricia bent over backwards to make sure I had a place to stay even though she was super busy. She's a cool lady and very helpful. So is Jojo for that matter!
--Greg

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Greg,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with the trip advisor community, I really appreciate it. It was so refreshing to read your review! I was more than happy to help in your situation, and I would do it again. Just for the record your pretty cool too! ;) I hope that you enjoyed your journey on the Appalachin Trail, and good luck with your new job. I am sure that you will be great at whatever you do in life. If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you as a guest! Until next time happy trails to you!
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First off, for the money and the proximity to where I needed to be, I can't complain too much. I also stayed in a smoking room, which may be different than the non-smoking rooms. However, you still expect the rooms to be relatively clean. Mine had burns on the furniture and stains on the walls and carpets. The mat in the tub was coming up so that when you took a shower, it just floated there. Oh yeah, and the wi-fi didn't reach my room so I had no internet connection anywhere. After my room was cleaned on the second day, there were stains in the sink from cleaning supplies that I needed to rinse off, and the carpeted floor was wet in areas.

The people working there were really nice, though, which is always refreshing, especially when you're under stress. Still, if you're going to Roanoke for the bar exam, you shouldn't be worrying about anything other than the bar. If I had to do it again, I think I'd just pay the extra money and stay in a nicer hotel. But like I said, for the cost, I knew it wasn't going to be the Taj Mahal and I was certainly right on that.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking and a higher floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the trip advisor community we really appreciate it as we do value each guest's feedback. I am sorry that we were lacking as far as the cleanliness goes, I will have a meeting with the housekeeping staff in regards to your review. I did notice that you were very pleased with the service that you recieved during your stay, thank you for that. If you are to take the Bar Exam next year in Roanoke please consider us, as I would like to hear our progress, and if you do I hope you get a nonsmoking room too! Just remember to book at least 10 months in advance as the nonsmoking rooms sell out first! Thanks again!
Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My room was pretty nasty. The carpet had stains the bathroom was dirty and the toliet barely flushed. The ac did work well but it was very noisy. I took a look at the pillows and they were pretty dirty under the pillow cases good thing I brought my own.

• Stayed July 2014
Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the trip advisor community!
I will have a meeting with the housekeeping and maitenence immediately in regards to your complaint. I did notice that you were very plaesed with the location of this property and the service that you recieved, thank you! We are under new management and have many projects under way. We hope that you will stay with us next time that you are in this area so that we may have the opportunity to serve you better next time. Thanks again, and have a great day!

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center

Address: 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Civic Center / Downtown - Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke

If you own or manage Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.