“If you hate yourself, then this is the place for you.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center to your Saves list
Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #29 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
“If you hate yourself, then this is the place for you.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you look up the word "disgusting" in the dictionary, you will see a picture of this motel. My 11 year old looked found this one online and wanted to stay there because it has a view of the star on Mill Mountain. He also learned that this motel had a major fire in 2011 while under going renovations. I figured if the motel was now open 3 years later, it must be fully renovated and recovered from the blaze. Boy, was I wrong!. I'm not sure where to begin... cracks in the concrete with weeds growing thru, smelly elevators, cigarette burns in the sheets, employees smoking just outside the lobby, cats living in a room on the third floor, extreme slope to the walkways on 2nd and 3rd floors, mildewed and torn carpet on the stairs. My kid jumped in the pool, and the surface bubbles were filled with sediment and would not pop, which told me that something wasn't right. He also asked about the fire, and the girl working the desk denied that it ever happened. I guess she assumed we were incapable of researching old news stories on the internet. Let me list the good things: You could see the star, and the wi-fi worked. I guess that's about it. The only thing that could help this motel is another fire and a wrecking ball.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear candid guest, I am sorry that you were unsatisfied with your recent stay with us. The pool is maitained on a daily basis and has been inspected by the Health Departmant so I am sorry if you found the water unsuitable. Less than a month ago both of the elevators were completely renovated and we have many other renovating projects going on at the moment. Also I would like to appolagize for the desk clerks lack of knowledge of the history of this property, I do not believe that it was intentional as she is new to this company. I will make sure that maitenace and housekeeping are aware of your complaints as we do value each guests feedback. Thank you for sharing your review with the trip advisor community.

195 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here because we were traveling with two cats and there are limited places that accept pets. It is absolutely awful. AC was turned off and room was over 100 degrees upon arrival. It took hours to cool off. Toilet seat was coming off. Filthy tub and fixtures. Public areas including staircases were coated with grime. Absolutely disgusting. If we had not had pets, we would have left.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest, I am very sorry that you were unhappy with your recent stay with us. Upon reading your review I had a meeting with our housekeeping department. This is an exterior entrance hotel therefore the walkways do tend to get rather dusty. We do have plans to pressure wash all of the walkways this comming week! If your ever in the area again please stop in to see our progress and to give us the opportunity to serve you better next time! And thank you for sharing your review with the trip advisor community.
Henrico, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

after driving 7 hours stopped for rest front desk was a nice lady upon entering room oh my god toliet seat coming off tub was dirty walls had stains bed stunk dirt everwhere i was too exhausted to go somewhere else next morning had to wait for clerk to finish eating to help me no ice she did not want to help tried to charge me more money hello

Room Tip: check room before paying
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest I am sorry that you were displeased with your recent stay with us. Upon reading your review we held a meeting weith the housekeeping staff as well as the maitenence department as these type of problems are not acceptable. We do hope that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you better next time. Thank you for sharing your review with the trip advisor community as we care about each and every guest.
Roanoke
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Check in was excellent. Lady at the desk (think her name was Brook?) was fun to talk to, very pleasant and efficient. From there things went downhill. The walkway to the back rooms was dark, unlit and looked like it was painted last during the Korean War. The place in general needs a good cleaning and painting. Our room was at best OK but our friend next door had two beds that were like box spring and mattress on the floor and he had two lights in the room that worked. One in bathroom and a small one over the windows that when on when walked in the room. The bed lamps, table lamps, etc. none of them worked. We had meetings to go to and reported it and told it would be fixed while we were gone--it wasn't! The place needs to be fixed up, painted, repaired or torn down!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Patricia H, General Manager at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear guest I would like to thank you for sharing your review with others. I am sorry that your recent stay with us was less than pleasant. We are currently under new mangement and are renovating. I did see where you were very happy with the location of our hotel. Thanks again and stop in the next time you are in our area to see our progress!

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!