“Feeling unsafe and unimportant” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #28 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Norfolk
“Feeling unsafe and unimportant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Went to the Roanoke Civic Center for a show with my fiancé. People were constantly walking by the room and knocking on the door all night. Seemed like a bunch of drunk construction workers and drug dealers. Security might not be a bad idea. Receptionists were rude and made us feel like we were bothering them to check in. I would pay twice the price I paid for any other hotel in the area. Don't stay here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The best place to stay in Roanoke. Everything about this place exceeded my expectations. From the time moment we pulled up and greeted by Valet the service was just spot on. Room was big and best bed and all amenities so well presented.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way from DC to the Smokey Mountains. The only reason why is because it was late at night and all other hotels in the area were sold out. I would of rather slept in the car!!! The room was dirty, that really is an understatement. The carpet was filthy and I kept my shoes on the whole time. Hair all over the bathroom and it looked like the bathtub had never been cleaned, ever! The fridge was not working very well so we had to fill our coolers with ice to keep our food cold. Also a lot of shady activity in the parking lot. I stay in a lot of hotels for my job as a flight attendant so I might be a little over the top when it comes to standards but I would not even let dog sleep here. AVOID at all costs if possible.

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Comfortable & clean Hotel

We enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean, comfortable and very affordable. We found the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. The floors were clean. Beds were comfortable. We look forward to staying here in October ..

• Stayed August 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night as I had an issue at home. Anyway my one night here was excellent. The room was dated BUT CLEAN. the bed was COMFORTABLE and I was in the back so i did not hear orange avenue and it was very quiet. ALSO the staff at this hotel is VERY friendly. ALSO my room had a fridge and microwave which is a nice touch!

This property was built in the 1970s and recently updated. The new beds are VERY comfortable. I had a friend stay here last month and he had some issues during an extended stay. I was also there a good deal of the time with him and I will say in an EXTENDED STAY situation the cleanliness could be better but other than that for the price you pay it is not at all a bad hotel

PROS:
GOOD LOCATION! walking distance to Sheetz, downtown, civic center
COMFORTABLE BEDS! I slept like a BABY
SERVICE! The front desk staff is AMAZING!
ELEVATOR! So you don't have to take ur stuff up the steps

CONS:
EXTERIOR CORRIDOR Some people prefer being in a building
CLEANLINESS In an extended stay situation, your room does not get the same attention

IN CONCLUSION!!
If you are traveling and on a budget, and want to visit Roanoke for one day, this hotel is PERFECT! I would highly recommend it for that. HOWEVER if you are coming on an extended stay, I would probably recommend the Hampton inn or something like that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room NOT on the orange Ave side if you want it quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in the King Bed room on the 1st floor of the hotel. This room had a mid size bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and TV. Mattress looked new and it was comfortable, bed sheet was clean. A front desk gentleman was friendly and I felt safe here. Overall I found it less expensive and value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center

Address: 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Civic Center / Downtown - Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke

If you own or manage Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.