“Absolutely DISGUSTING!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
“Absolutely DISGUSTING!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way from DC to the Smokey Mountains. The only reason why is because it was late at night and all other hotels in the area were sold out. I would of rather slept in the car!!! The room was dirty, that really is an understatement. The carpet was filthy and I kept my shoes on the whole time. Hair all over the bathroom and it looked like the bathtub had never been cleaned, ever! The fridge was not working very well so we had to fill our coolers with ice to keep our food cold. Also a lot of shady activity in the parking lot. I stay in a lot of hotels for my job as a flight attendant so I might be a little over the top when it comes to standards but I would not even let dog sleep here. AVOID at all costs if possible.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Comfortable & clean Hotel

We enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean, comfortable and very affordable. We found the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. The floors were clean. Beds were comfortable. We look forward to staying here in October ..

• Stayed August 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night as I had an issue at home. Anyway my one night here was excellent. The room was dated BUT CLEAN. the bed was COMFORTABLE and I was in the back so i did not hear orange avenue and it was very quiet. ALSO the staff at this hotel is VERY friendly. ALSO my room had a fridge and microwave which is a nice touch!

This property was built in the 1970s and recently updated. The new beds are VERY comfortable. I had a friend stay here last month and he had some issues during an extended stay. I was also there a good deal of the time with him and I will say in an EXTENDED STAY situation the cleanliness could be better but other than that for the price you pay it is not at all a bad hotel

PROS:
GOOD LOCATION! walking distance to Sheetz, downtown, civic center
COMFORTABLE BEDS! I slept like a BABY
SERVICE! The front desk staff is AMAZING!
ELEVATOR! So you don't have to take ur stuff up the steps

CONS:
EXTERIOR CORRIDOR Some people prefer being in a building
CLEANLINESS In an extended stay situation, your room does not get the same attention

IN CONCLUSION!!
If you are traveling and on a budget, and want to visit Roanoke for one day, this hotel is PERFECT! I would highly recommend it for that. HOWEVER if you are coming on an extended stay, I would probably recommend the Hampton inn or something like that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room NOT on the orange Ave side if you want it quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in the King Bed room on the 1st floor of the hotel. This room had a mid size bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and TV. Mattress looked new and it was comfortable, bed sheet was clean. A front desk gentleman was friendly and I felt safe here. Overall I found it less expensive and value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

While booking online, Price of the one night stay at Days Inn was too good to resist. I booked online and descent room along with mini fridge and coffee maker was allotted to me. AC and TV worked fine, enough free channels to watch. I always check below the bed and in the room for bugs, insects and spiders, and I did not find a single bug or insects in the room. Elevator, Lobby area and Breakfast tables everything I came across was kept very clean. 5 points for cleanliness and the price. I will come again and recommend this to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ssunny s, Owner at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for the detailed feedback about your stay at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center. Hotel management and staff is delightful to hear this appreciation and our commitment towards the budget price and cleanliness has paid off. We wish you come back and stay again with the Days Inn. Thanks for staying with Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Days inn is clean and very comfortable hotel. Frontdesk person was helpful and gave us all information about breakfast, amenities and restaurants nearby. I enjoyed my stay and I will prefer staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for your candid feedback. We are glad to know that you had wonderful experience staying at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center and you had comfortable stay. I will also share your positive comments with our front desk and cleaning staff that your found them helpful and hardworking. We wish your come back and stay with us on your next trip to Roanoke. Thanks for staying with Day Inn Roanoke Civic Center.

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!