“For the money this is NOT a bad hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“For the money this is NOT a bad hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night as I had an issue at home. Anyway my one night here was excellent. The room was dated BUT CLEAN. the bed was COMFORTABLE and I was in the back so i did not hear orange avenue and it was very quiet. ALSO the staff at this hotel is VERY friendly. ALSO my room had a fridge and microwave which is a nice touch!

This property was built in the 1970s and recently updated. The new beds are VERY comfortable. I had a friend stay here last month and he had some issues during an extended stay. I was also there a good deal of the time with him and I will say in an EXTENDED STAY situation the cleanliness could be better but other than that for the price you pay it is not at all a bad hotel

PROS:
GOOD LOCATION! walking distance to Sheetz, downtown, civic center
COMFORTABLE BEDS! I slept like a BABY
SERVICE! The front desk staff is AMAZING!
ELEVATOR! So you don't have to take ur stuff up the steps

CONS:
EXTERIOR CORRIDOR Some people prefer being in a building
CLEANLINESS In an extended stay situation, your room does not get the same attention

IN CONCLUSION!!
If you are traveling and on a budget, and want to visit Roanoke for one day, this hotel is PERFECT! I would highly recommend it for that. HOWEVER if you are coming on an extended stay, I would probably recommend the Hampton inn or something like that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room NOT on the orange Ave side if you want it quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dieselducy

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed in the King Bed room on the 1st floor of the hotel. This room had a mid size bathroom, microwave, fridge, coffee maker and TV. Mattress looked new and it was comfortable, bed sheet was clean. A front desk gentleman was friendly and I felt safe here. Overall I found it less expensive and value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

While booking online, Price of the one night stay at Days Inn was too good to resist. I booked online and descent room along with mini fridge and coffee maker was allotted to me. AC and TV worked fine, enough free channels to watch. I always check below the bed and in the room for bugs, insects and spiders, and I did not find a single bug or insects in the room. Elevator, Lobby area and Breakfast tables everything I came across was kept very clean. 5 points for cleanliness and the price. I will come again and recommend this to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank David G
ssunny s, Owner at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest, Thanks for the detailed feedback about your stay at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center. Hotel management and staff is delightful to hear this appreciation and our commitment towards the budget price and cleanliness has paid off. We wish you come back and stay again with the Days Inn. Thanks for staying with Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Days inn is clean and very comfortable hotel. Frontdesk person was helpful and gave us all information about breakfast, amenities and restaurants nearby. I enjoyed my stay and I will prefer staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Loveryn-s
Dear Guest, Thanks for your candid feedback. We are glad to know that you had wonderful experience staying at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center and you had comfortable stay. I will also share your positive comments with our front desk and cleaning staff that your found them helpful and hardworking. We wish your come back and stay with us on your next trip to Roanoke. Thanks for staying with Day Inn Roanoke Civic Center.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed with my family for 2 day in the first week of July. I had an excellent experience staying at this place. The customer service, rooms and amneties satisfied my expectations. The facilities rendered are absolutely worth the price paid

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Stevetaylr86
Dear Guest, Thanks for reviewing Days Inn on TripAdvisor. We are very happy to hear that we were able to meet the expectations of you and your family regarding customer service, rooms, amenities and the price. We wish you come back and stay with us while you are in Roanoke next time. Thanks for staying at Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center.
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My choice to stay at the Days Inn came suddenly, and the process of making a reservation on the phone and checking in that same night went very smoothly. That's about where the positives end. Other than the great front desk staff, nothing else met my (pretty low) expectations.

To begin, the hallways, stairwells, and elevators in this hotel look like they went through a war. If you look closely, you'll see sloppy paint, garbage, and grime throughout the property. Not the best first impression. My room was fairly clean upon arrival (minus some badly stained chairs, but these weren't an issue). However, housekeeping was highly unimpressive for the remainder of the stay. When I left to go eat the free breakfast downstairs at about 9:00 in the morning each day, I'd spend about 10 minutes eating before I came back up. At no point would I even see a trace of a housekeeping employee. Yet, within that 10 minute span, housekeeping would be in and out of the room. They must have spent less than 5 minutes in there each day. The rate per night does't go down if you stay more than a single night, so I expected the full cleaning a room would get if a guest were to check out and another were to check in (which I sincerely hope is more extensive than what I just described). Usually, I'd find my bed linens sloppily pulled up and some towels dumped on the bed. Each morning, I got the joy of having to pull long black hairs off of my "clean" towels in the bathroom. I honestly feel badly for whoever did my laundry during this stay, since they must have gone bald during the time I was there. On my last day, I found several bugs in the sink area of my room.

By far, the strangest situation I found myself in at this hotel happened on my second to last day. I came back to my room early in the morning, and it was the first day that housekeeping hadn't gotten to my room while I was at breakfast. I bolted the door and went into the bathroom. Then, not even 5 minutes later, I was startled to hear someone attempting to force my door open. I got out as quickly as I could and ran across the room where I (maybe foolishly) promptly opened the door and found that HOUSEKEEPING was trying to force the door open! The man was polite and offered me fresh towels, but I can't figure out why he wanted to get in so badly.

The property had a few bonuses. While I didn't use the pool, it looked well-kept and the people in it seemed to be having fun. The free breakfast is open until 9:30 (compared to 9:00 at the Rodeway Inn across the street). The room also featured a personal combination safe which looked brand new. Other than that, the property was dingy, dated, and sub-par... even for the price I paid. Overall, I absolutely plan to take my business elsewhere on my next trip to Roanoke. Look around at reviews for a bit, and I'm sure you'll find a vast list of similarly-priced hotels where your dollar buys a lot more.

Room Tip: Rooms that face Orange Avenue (the front) are fairly noisy because of the busy street. I'd reco...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Missouri2Mexico
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.5 of 5 stars 603 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!