“Not my first choice in Roanoke” 2 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center to your Saves list
Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Ive stayed at numerous Days Inns, as they're typically pet friendly. This one came with a free drunk vagrant banging on our door and yelling at our windows at three AM, no extra charge! When we called the front desk, the phone rang off the hook for a few minutes before anyone answered, at which point the friendly desk clerk asked "what am I supposed to do about that?"
My german shepard's bark eventually scared him off or he found something better to yell at, perhaps the moon. Overall, I feel safer sleeping in a tent or under a bridge than at this Days Inn.

• Stayed April 2012
Mobile, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I've never had good experiences with the any Days Inn I've stayed in, regardless of state; however, I needed a hotel in this part of Roanoke because of inclimate weather, and I'm on a student budget. I usually stay at a different hotel a few miles down the road, but for $52 I decided I would give this one a shot; after all, it was saving me money. I wish I had just paid the extra $20 to stay elsewhere though, because this place really sucks - which is terrible, beings how it is in a prime location in Roanoke.

First thing I noticed was the front door stuck when I came into the room, and then the strange room odor hit. It was 45 degrees outside and at most 60 inside the room - the heat had not been turned on. Luckily, the heater warmed up very quickly, but seemed almost obsolete when competing with the massive crack under the front door.

I disliked the connecting room I was given, and even more so that the adjoining door seemed like it had been nearly knocked down previously and was barely holding shut with the deadbolt lock.

The walls were caked in black grime - probably feet marks from kids, and the carpet was speckled in white dust and dirt. The curtains had rips and tears, but at least they covered the window.

The pillows were stained and only two pillow cases appeared to be clean. The germy bedspreads that they insist on throwing over the beds had holes in them and one bed was completely missing the flannel cover that goes over the sheets. There were no nightstands or alarm clock, just a chair-less desk placed awkwardly between the beds. The TV looked older than I am and was just as 'snowy' as the weather outside. As for the other furnishings (fridge, microwave, coffeepot) they were very randomly placed in awkward places in the room, not at all where I would have ideally imagined them.

The bathroom was decent enough, but the toilet paper wasn't changed to a new roll ---cost saving or not, I would think my $52 could pay for a $0.50 roll of new toilet paper. The shower head was falling apart much like the sink faucet, so I limited usage of both.

Over all, it was one of those experiences where you try to forget the fact that you're probably going to catch about 20 new diseases and just focus on the reason you're in a hotel in the first place. It is what it is, but for me, I'm staying away from any and all Days Inns - especially this one- in the future.

Oh and the comment about not being able to take breakfast past the breakfast room - Completely 100% true. Apparently the food, like the toilet paper and heat, is greatly rationed.

Room Tip: Although more noisy, rooms in the front at least -probably- see guests more frequently so -probably...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Pleasantville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was most pleasantly surprised. I stayed for one night en route south, not expecting anything but a basic, economical room conveniently located. I booked based on the price and the points I get for Wyndam Rewards. I got a fabulous room for $40. Most importantly it was clean and nicely and comfortably appointed with a desk, fast internet, fridge and microwave. I was only there for an overnight but if I had to stay more nights in Roanoke I would not have hesitated to stay right here andwill stay again if and when I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center

Address: 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Civic Center / Downtown - Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke

If you own or manage Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.