“Worst hotel of our 2 week holiday” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016   |
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Liverpool
“Worst hotel of our 2 week holiday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Having spent the day driving we arrived at the Day's Inn at 6 pm and checked in without checking the room first - our mistake! The room was dingy, the bathroom was tiny, the bath had burn marks on the edge and looked as if it had seen better days; the shower curtain rail was loose. We had asked for a non smoking room but it didn't smell like one. The whole place seemed very neglected. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Look before you book!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Queensbury, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The worst! Ever! After the fire, everything smells terrible. I stayed and the rooms smelled, the water was turned off, and the elevator was broken the whole time I was there! 7 DAYS! I will never stay here again! And you shouldn't either!

Room Tip: None of them are different, except under-average.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is recently renovated. Room nice & clean bed was so comfy. I would say this jewel in roanoke downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is newly renovated place. Polite and help full staff. it is near to downtown so it was so convenient. I must recommend this to all travelers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Doswell, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a Days Inn, so I wasn't expecting top notch. I stayed for one night on a business trip and it was okay. The desk was comfortable and big enough to fit my laptop, pizza and soda. The room was clean and the bathroom was also clean.

Of course, I peeked behind the dresser to plug in my laptop and found a glue trap...the kind traditionally used to catch mice.

Surprisingly, I had a very comfortable sleep, and the continental breakfast I had was okay. Overall, I would probably stay here again if I were on a serious budget and only had to stay for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road. If you stay on the pool side, you have to walk up the walkway a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Huntingdon, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My mother and I were traveling the Blue Ridge Pwky in mid October 2011. We stopped at this Days Inn because we had stayed at one in Ashville, NC the night before. It was a very nice and clean Inn. This one on 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA was entirely different matter. The carpet was dirty we didn't set our suitcases on the floor. The bottom of the shower was black so needless to say neither one of us didn't get to take a shower. The first room we sent to as soon as you walked in the door you could smell MOLD. My mother is very allergic to mold so they gave us another room. The night manager acted like we were lying. There was a breakfast that was offered but after spending the night we decided that we would eat some place else. Needless to say we got off on the wrong exit that night. The only good thing I can honestly say about this place was the bed linens were clean. No bed bugs. I check the beds for bugs at every hotel we go to. If you get them they are very hard to get rid of and they do bite you. Best policy is to always check the beds leave your luggage in the car.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Find someplace else this Days Inn is dirty.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I got here late in the evening and asked to see a room before checking in. All they had left was double beds. I checked out the room and decided not to stay here. The bathroom was dirty. The tub looked like someone had taken a shower after working on an engine and had not been cleaned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center

Address: 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA 24016
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Civic Center / Downtown - Roanoke Hotel Roanoke
Days Inn Roanoke

If you own or manage Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.