“WT A GR8 PLACE” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Roanoke
New York City, New York
“WT A GR8 PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is recently renovated. Room nice & clean bed was so comfy. I would say this jewel in roanoke downtown.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevinmat

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is newly renovated place. Polite and help full staff. it is near to downtown so it was so convenient. I must recommend this to all travelers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Angie1982usa
Doswell, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a Days Inn, so I wasn't expecting top notch. I stayed for one night on a business trip and it was okay. The desk was comfortable and big enough to fit my laptop, pizza and soda. The room was clean and the bathroom was also clean.

Of course, I peeked behind the dresser to plug in my laptop and found a glue trap...the kind traditionally used to catch mice.

Surprisingly, I had a very comfortable sleep, and the continental breakfast I had was okay. Overall, I would probably stay here again if I were on a serious budget and only had to stay for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road. If you stay on the pool side, you have to walk up the walkway a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Huntingdon, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My mother and I were traveling the Blue Ridge Pwky in mid October 2011. We stopped at this Days Inn because we had stayed at one in Ashville, NC the night before. It was a very nice and clean Inn. This one on 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA was entirely different matter. The carpet was dirty we didn't set our suitcases on the floor. The bottom of the shower was black so needless to say neither one of us didn't get to take a shower. The first room we sent to as soon as you walked in the door you could smell MOLD. My mother is very allergic to mold so they gave us another room. The night manager acted like we were lying. There was a breakfast that was offered but after spending the night we decided that we would eat some place else. Needless to say we got off on the wrong exit that night. The only good thing I can honestly say about this place was the bed linens were clean. No bed bugs. I check the beds for bugs at every hotel we go to. If you get them they are very hard to get rid of and they do bite you. Best policy is to always check the beds leave your luggage in the car.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Find someplace else this Days Inn is dirty.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Pennye M
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I got here late in the evening and asked to see a room before checking in. All they had left was double beds. I checked out the room and decided not to stay here. The bathroom was dirty. The tub looked like someone had taken a shower after working on an engine and had not been cleaned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fishandwassabi
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Hotel is very well placed in the Downtown Roanoke near Civic Center. Building looks beautiful from outside as well as renovated completely from inside. Lobby area and Gazebo looks beautiful. Beds were comfortable and room had fridge, microwave and wi-fi. They have installed laundry machines onsite. Continental breakfast menu was huge and small sitting area is well designed and clean. Major attractions are easily reachable from the hotel. We will surely recommend this days inn to friends. Value for the money spent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Delia c
Waldorf, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here on night 2 of a three day motorcycle trip. We did not check ahead, so we simply stopped at what looked sufficient. From the front / street, the hotel looks pretty good (we stopped after dark fell). Freshly painted, the place looks good. The hotel lobby looked pretty upkept as well. The night manager was helpful about selecting rooms that were around back so we could park and lock our bikes with no fear of theft. The rooms were rough. The room and bathroom show their age. Overall, the room and bathroom are worn. Wallpaper had been applied over less than smooth walls and was curling on its edges. Carpet has stains. Light switches are grimy. Bathroom floor had not been cleaned; there was debris in the corners, behind the door, on the floor. The bathroom tile had been painted over with a heavy coat of paint.....a lot of caulk has been used to make repairs of the bathroom. A bit of mold was on the ceiling in the bathroom. Much of the room had a grimy, rundown feel. Continenttal breakfast was lackluster. However, the room did not smell as some hotels do. The Air / Heat worked very, very well. The TV station selection was the best I've seen in a while; lots of channels. Sheets were clean. Room had a safe. Staff was friendly. Bottom line, we needed a place to sleep and were not in a mood to shop around. This was a guys-only trip, however, if my wife was with me, I would not have stayed here. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Samuelicus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roanoke
The Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center, a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
4.5 of 5 stars 604 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Inn at Valley View
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville / Salem
Baymont Inn & Suites Salem Roanoke Area

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!