“It'll do.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Doswell, Virginia
“It'll do.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

This is a Days Inn, so I wasn't expecting top notch. I stayed for one night on a business trip and it was okay. The desk was comfortable and big enough to fit my laptop, pizza and soda. The room was clean and the bathroom was also clean.

Of course, I peeked behind the dresser to plug in my laptop and found a glue trap...the kind traditionally used to catch mice.

Surprisingly, I had a very comfortable sleep, and the continental breakfast I had was okay. Overall, I would probably stay here again if I were on a serious budget and only had to stay for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main road. If you stay on the pool side, you have to walk up the walkway a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Huntingdon, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My mother and I were traveling the Blue Ridge Pwky in mid October 2011. We stopped at this Days Inn because we had stayed at one in Ashville, NC the night before. It was a very nice and clean Inn. This one on 601 Orange Avenue, Roanoke, VA was entirely different matter. The carpet was dirty we didn't set our suitcases on the floor. The bottom of the shower was black so needless to say neither one of us didn't get to take a shower. The first room we sent to as soon as you walked in the door you could smell MOLD. My mother is very allergic to mold so they gave us another room. The night manager acted like we were lying. There was a breakfast that was offered but after spending the night we decided that we would eat some place else. Needless to say we got off on the wrong exit that night. The only good thing I can honestly say about this place was the bed linens were clean. No bed bugs. I check the beds for bugs at every hotel we go to. If you get them they are very hard to get rid of and they do bite you. Best policy is to always check the beds leave your luggage in the car.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Find someplace else this Days Inn is dirty.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I got here late in the evening and asked to see a room before checking in. All they had left was double beds. I checked out the room and decided not to stay here. The bathroom was dirty. The tub looked like someone had taken a shower after working on an engine and had not been cleaned.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Hotel is very well placed in the Downtown Roanoke near Civic Center. Building looks beautiful from outside as well as renovated completely from inside. Lobby area and Gazebo looks beautiful. Beds were comfortable and room had fridge, microwave and wi-fi. They have installed laundry machines onsite. Continental breakfast menu was huge and small sitting area is well designed and clean. Major attractions are easily reachable from the hotel. We will surely recommend this days inn to friends. Value for the money spent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Waldorf, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Stayed here on night 2 of a three day motorcycle trip. We did not check ahead, so we simply stopped at what looked sufficient. From the front / street, the hotel looks pretty good (we stopped after dark fell). Freshly painted, the place looks good. The hotel lobby looked pretty upkept as well. The night manager was helpful about selecting rooms that were around back so we could park and lock our bikes with no fear of theft. The rooms were rough. The room and bathroom show their age. Overall, the room and bathroom are worn. Wallpaper had been applied over less than smooth walls and was curling on its edges. Carpet has stains. Light switches are grimy. Bathroom floor had not been cleaned; there was debris in the corners, behind the door, on the floor. The bathroom tile had been painted over with a heavy coat of paint.....a lot of caulk has been used to make repairs of the bathroom. A bit of mold was on the ceiling in the bathroom. Much of the room had a grimy, rundown feel. Continenttal breakfast was lackluster. However, the room did not smell as some hotels do. The Air / Heat worked very, very well. The TV station selection was the best I've seen in a while; lots of channels. Sheets were clean. Room had a safe. Staff was friendly. Bottom line, we needed a place to sleep and were not in a mood to shop around. This was a guys-only trip, however, if my wife was with me, I would not have stayed here. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in double bed room, it was huge room with new carpet and cozy bed and soft pillow. Hotel location is excellent in the dowtown near civic center and plenty of restaurants in surroundings. Breakfast was good and hotel building has fresh yello and green paint with nice couches in lobby. We stayed in a summer weekend so didn't qualified for any deals as hotel occupancy was high. Had really good feeling in staying at such a clean and new days inn. We will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Fairfax, Virginia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed Oct 14-15 weekend for the Craft show. Location is really convenient to the Civic Center, and downtown, easy on and off I-581 on Rt 340 exit 4E. This hotel used to be run down as I remember from my previous visits, but now has nice room furnishings and we received very good service, the staff was helpful with our questions about places to eat and things to do in the area. Desk manager told us it had undergone renovation under new ownership. We were glad that we stayed. Price was very reasonable we paid about $55 per night on a busy weekend, for nice clean rooms, with refrigerator, microwave and hot breakfast. Mattresses were new. Would recommend to budget conscious personal business travellers like us, good value for the money. Would also suit business travellers who have work reasons to be near downtown. Wi-fi was at very good speed and free.

Weather was perfect and we sat in the gazebo and watched the roanoke star in the evening. Nice view of the mountain.

I am a light sleeper, the heat/ac unit was quiet, and kept us comfortable.

Suggestions: Provide steam iron and ironing table. Breakfast area needs more tables and chairs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Roanoke Civic Center? Share your experiences!