“Clean and Kindness in Roanoke Rodeway” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Roanoke
Roanoke, Virginia
“Clean and Kindness in Roanoke Rodeway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel room was very clean, the staff was very professional and nice. I would stay at this hotel again.

The hotel is near major stores (Walmart, K-Mart, Large Shopping Mall) travel sites, and downtown Roanoke, VA.

Room Tip: Near office downstair
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
dangohil, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014

Dan Gohil
GM
Rodeway Inn Roanoke
540-981-9341

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Monein, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

When I checked out (May 23 2014), the lady on reception told me that I should have reported all the problems the night before. She was correct. But it was late, I was tired and couldn't be bothered, and the guy on reception did not seem to be at all interested when I pointed out that the wifi system did not reach room 212. So I went to bed - at least the bed was comfortable and I got a good night's sleep. HOWEVER .... I shall list the "features" of room 212 as I found them.
WIFI does not reach this room.
The security lock on the door had been broken off.
I was unable to make phone calls outside Roanoke from the room.
Maps of the town were not available at reception and the receptionist had no idea where local restaurants could be found.
The TV remote did not work.
The volume control on the ancient (CRT) TV changed channels.
The coffee maker was broken.
Someone seemed to have kicked a hole in the bathroom door.
The room safe was locked and could not be opened.
The sink was blocked.
There were several cracked tiles on the bathroom floor.

Room Tip: AVOID room 212 unless it has been thoroughly renovated!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My daughter and I stayed the night here traveling back to our home in Texas. We had her cat with us so that limited our hotel/motel options. The reviews on a "certain reservation site" did not seem too bad and they accepted pets. I told them when I booked the room we had a cat. When I checked in later and told the representative that there should be a pet friendly room he said he had to change me to the back building. The back building did not look anything like the front building and if it hadn't been so late I would have probably kept driving. The room had carpets that were either wet or were so greasy they felt wet and the comforters had cigarette burns in them. We woke up the next morning with bed bugs crawling all over us and it was then I realized that was why the cat had been running all over us that night - trying to catch the bugs. When I checked out I carried a sandwich bag with several bugs in them down to the front and told the girl at the desk "You have bugs"! Needless to say that will be my last stay at a Rodeway Inn anywhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dracut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Bad customer service: guy kept me on hold for six minutes before I finally hung up and tried to call back- three times. No answer. I needed directions! It was a beautiful day, but the heat was on in our room so it was stifling. Not the worst place I've ever stayed, but I'll probably pay $10 or $20 more to stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I were in town visiting friends, needed a cheap place to stay. This place is nothing fancy, but it was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfy. I went out for breakfast so I didn't see what they offered. We didn't have our dogs on this trip, but it is dog-friendly. Service was friendly and fast.

Only downside was a cleaning product smell when we first arrived, but at least we knew it had been cleaned. Unfortunately all the King bed rooms were booked, so we had to be very snuggly in a double bed. Luckily the mattress was comfy enough we didn't have to sleep in separate beds.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had at a hotel. It was filthy and smelled rancid. The front desk agents were not only disinterested, but actively rude. The room was either frigid or boiling, requiring us to get up every hour to turn the heater on and off. But this review will be short because our main problem is one that should deter any human, or even any animal, from staying here: Our comforter had a giant semen stain on it. DISGUSTING. I have attached a picture for anyone considering staying in this “hotel.” Stay away!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I do not chose where I stay, it's up to my company.

I'll start with saying positive things about this place.
The folks at the front desk are very friendly and courteous.
There is easy access to I581.
There are a few places to eat within walking distance.

Now for the bad....
The faucet on the sink had a bad leak, the sound of leaking water drives me up the wall.
There was human hair (not mine) in and around the tub and shower area.
The box spring was very squeaky and the mattress was very worn out.
The remote control worked like crap.
The breakfast was a HUGE disappointment.

Rodeway hotels are very consistent in one aspect, they all SUCK.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business