“Perfect for Martinsville Races” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Lexington, Kentucky
“Perfect for Martinsville Races”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Folks, I've stayed here for the last three October Martinsville NASCAR races and it's got everything you need: very reasonable rates, clean, comfortable rooms, lots of cable channels (including Speed and HBO) and a convenient location. There's a gas station/convenience store across the street, downtown Roanoke is a $5.00 cab ride away, and the road down to Martinsville
(45-60 minute drive) is less than a mile away. You can certainly pay more if you want to, but there really isn't any reason to............

Room Tip: I always ask for a ground floor room in the main building. Much easier to get the cooler in and out...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here one night while attending a conference at the Civic Center. I wanted to be within walking distance. The room was clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable, not always so at a budget motel. We did not try the breakfast since I knew everybody else would be trying to eat at the same time to get to the conference on time. It looked to be very basic. A big plus: the management let conference attendees leave our cars there all day even though we had already checked out. I really appreciated that. The lot was spacious enough that it was not a problem. The only real complaint is that there was only one ice machine which was in the main building. We stayed on the back side of the second building which was fine, but crossing the parking lot to get ice at night was inconvenient. The employees were helpful when we wanted to go back and check the room for an item we had lost. The maintenance man they called got to the room before I did. This was a good place for the price.

Room Tip: In the winter ask for a room in the main building so you won't have to cross the lot for ice or...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after making last-minute reservations at the start of a long trip to the Midwest. We picked this motel because it offered a reasonable price at what seemed on the map to be a convenient location. Our expectations proved correct on both counts. Both the price and location were quite good. It provided an in-town stop near a major intersection at $51 for the night. But there were compromises. This is very basic lodging in a commercial district, with no eye-appeal and no buffer between the facility and the street. The room was clean but extremely small. The door did not fit properly in its frame and should have been replaced. The shower was quite nice, but I would have liked a rack or shelf on which to place my wash cloth and soap. Another minor quibble: watery orange juice at the breakfast bar. All in all, this property is showing its age. As for service, I have no complaints; the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was in Roanoke on a Business Trip and booked this motel for 3 days. Bed was very hard and terrible noise and screaming from the next room, couldn't sleep that night. Next morning complained to the front desk and they told me its sold out so cant change you the room and moreover they were not ready to believe that their bed has a problem. Rude front desk staff and poor service. I am business traveler and visits Roanoke downtown so often. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express Civic Center and Days Inn Civic Center but never faced such a rude behavior from staff at any places.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

If you are looking for a clean, no-frills place to stay, this fits the bill. Our room was very clean, had a fridge and microwave, and the price is a great value. The staff is very friendly. The facility is old, but has been well maintained. So if you are looking for just a basic room to spend a night, this place is a great value.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stay here 3 times a week on business. I have a 19 hour layover, which is long compared to other layovers I have experienced. Most guests in Motels dont spend that long in their rooms. Part of my job is to sleep and, I "have to" be comfortable to be able to sleep. Here I dont have to worry about that. It's very quiet and the beds are relaxing. I think most of the rooms have a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and a safe.The building itself is old, but the owner is constently updated and remodeling the rooms. Probably the only complaint I have is the knats and moths that fly in the room at night when you open the door.. (The security light for each room is just right outside the door and attracks the bugs at night) I had a couple of complaints to the staff, but they have always corrected my issues with professionlism and promptness. I would recommend this "Motel" to anyone. It should be called a "Hotel" cause I feel like I am "Home"

Room Tip: Room 216 is my favorite, so dont stay there. (LOL) Stay on top floor to reduce the noise from above.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Rodeway Inn Civic Center? Share your experiences!