“Doesn't live up to the standards of a Hampton Inn” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #17 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
A TripAdvisor Member
“Doesn't live up to the standards of a Hampton Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2005

Given the price of this room ($80 per night) I was surprised to see how sub par this was for a Hampton Inn.

This is a motor inn, all rooms open onto the parking lots. When I tried to check in, two staffers were on the phone and the general manager stood between them. She did not greet me or look at me. I had to wait until one of the staffers finished her phone call before they acknowledged me. When I checked into the room they gave me, it was sweltering as the AC had been turned off all day and it was over 100 degrees outside. I had to ask the front desk clerk to move me to another room. What a hassle.

The rooms are dreary with half windows; the curtains have to be closed at all times for privacy; the mattress was hard and uncomfortable, the pillows lumpy.

The worst was that the outlet for the coffee maker and the hair dryer did not work. I moved the coffee maker to another outlet but had to go to work with wet hair.

The only saving grace is that rooms are clean and the breakfast is okay.

I would not stay here again and will think twice about staying at any other Hampton Inns in other places given this experience.

Stayed July 2005

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)

Been to Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81

Address: 7922 Plantation Rd., Roanoke, VA 24019
Location: United States > Virginia > Roanoke
Ranked #17 of 37 hotels in Roanoke
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / i-81 Hotel Roanoke
Roanoke Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.